Real Madrid invite Cristiano Ronaldo's Al-Nassr for friendly match at Santiago Bernabeu
Real Madrid wants to inaugurate their new stadium by hosting Al-Nassr
Real Madrid fans might be in for a once-in-a-lifetime reunion with their all-time leading scorer. Cristiano Ronaldo might be playing in front of thousands of supporters at Santiago Bernabeu Stadium once more if reports about him are to be believed.
Later in the year, Los Blancos will reveal their remodelled home stadium. Although the stadium was supposed to be unveiled last year, things have moved more slowly than anticipated. The team has reportedly invited Al Nassr to play the Merengues in a club welcoming as part of their desire to offer their supporters a spectacular display on the day of the unveiling.
Cristiano’s team had already been connected to a friendly matchup versus Real Madrid. According to reports, the Spanish Federation is considering allowing Al Nassr to compete in a mini-tournament against teams like Real Madrid, Barcelona, and Atletico Madrid in Spain.
Whether Al Nassr accepts the offer to bring Cristiano back to his former haunts would be interesting to watch.
Reports state that Los Blancos are eager to host Al Nassr in Spain for a friendly match. Later this year, Madrid plans to open the Santiago Bernabeu Stadium, and they think Cristiano Ronaldo and company will be the ideal opponents for the venue’s inaugural match.
Trending World Football Articles:
- Top four players with most goals in 2023
- Top six players with most assists in 2023
- Best goals scored in football in 2023: Ranked
- Top 10 best footballers of 2023: Ranked
- Best football matches of 2023: Ranked
“Al Nassr received an invitation from Real Madrid to participate in a match to inaugurate the Santiago Bernabéu Stadium,” reported Saudi journalist Saud Al-Sarami when he first revealed the story.
Earlier in January, Cristiano reconnected with his former Real Madrid colleagues. Los Blancos travelled to the Middle East, where they had just defeated Barcelona, their bitterest rivals, in the Supercopa de Espana final at Al Nassr’s home field.
On their official social media accounts, Real Madrid shared the exchange in which the Portuguese superstar was seen chatting with Carlo Ancelotti, his former head coach, and colleagues.
- Manisha Kalyan adjudged 'Best Midfielder' of Turkish Women's Cup 2024
- Rating new faces from last week of February who should be in contention for India call-up
- Indian Football Team Player Watch: Amrinder, Chhetri excel; Mehtab, Poojary need to improve
- Three losses in a row for FC Goa and other talking points from ISL 2023-24 GW 16
- Dimitrios Diamantakos, Mirshad Michu headline ISL 2023-24 Team of GW 16