Nora Fatehi set to perform at 2022 FIFA World Cup opening ceremony
The Indian actress featured on FIFA's latest single "Light The World"
The FIFA World Cup 2022 is nearing day by day and new announcements are increasing the hype level among fans. There are now new announcements coming from the opening ceremony. Organisers have already confirmed that global stars like BTS Group and Lil Baby are set to rock up the party.
Meanwhile, the latest addition to this stellar lineup is Indian actress Nora Fatehi. She will become the first Indian actress to perform at the world's biggest sports carnival. Thus joining the elite club of Shakira and Jennifer Lopez in the kickoff of the World Cup.
Nora Fatehi to lit up the stage at the World Cup
Nora Fatehi is famous for her flawless breathtaking dance moves and her popularity is now set to hit the global stage. Overall, for several years now, the Canadian-born dancer has been making waves in Bollywood with her dance moves. But now her World Cup performance will mark a new historical chapter for the Indian entertainment industry.
She will be joining hands with her fellow stars like Emirati singer Balqees, Iraqi singer Rahma Riad, and Moroccan songwriter Manal who all have been part of the latest FIFA soundtrack single "Light The Sky".
Fatehi also reflected on her historic moment in an interview, saying, "Football, like music, is a universal language that has a passionate following – and I have witnessed this with my own eyes wherever I have travelled across the globe. It has been a privilege to collaborate with such passionate and talented women to create something that celebrates our roots and the excitement of the FIFA World Cup,”
Why Nora Fatehi will be performing at the World Cup?
Firstly, Nora Fatehi has featured on FIFA's latest soundtrack single of the 2022 World Cup "Light The World". All songs from the World Cup's soundtrack are scheduled to be performed at the Opening ceremony, which means Nora Fatehi will also be on stage.
The song was released on 7th October and so far, it has received a mild reaction from the fans. The song is mainly dedicated to energising the message of coming together. It also celebrates FIFA's historical decision of involving female referees in the World Cup which sends a message of equality.
- Germany midfielder Toni Kroos set to come out of international retirement ahead of Euro 2024
- Brazil defender Dani Alves sentenced to four and a half years in jail over sexual assault in Barcelona
- ''Jurgen Klopp will not coach any club or national team for a year'' confirms agent
- India announce squad for Turkish Women's Cup 2024
- Top five highest scorers in the ISL of all time
- Top four Manchester United players to score in six consecutive Premier League matches
- Top 10 most valuable teams in MLS 2024
- Top 10 best forwards to watch out for in MLS 2024
- Top four clubs Thomas Tuchel could manage after leaving Bayern Munich in summer 2024
- Top five managers who could replace Thomas Tuchel at Bayern Munich