Indian women's hockey team eye better show against unbeaten Netherlands in Women's FIH Pro League 2023-24
(Courtesy : Hockey India)
India lost to China in last game
The Indian Women’s Hockey Team has had a tough time at the FIH Hockey Pro League 2023/24 having lost four of their five matches. After suffering a 1-2 defeat in their first match against China, the Indian Women’s Hockey team went on to lose 1-3 to the Netherlands and 0-3 to Australia before beating the United States 3-1 in their final match of the Bhubaneswar leg.
In their first match of the Rourkela leg, India took the lead early in the game but China came back strongly to win the game 2-1.
“We haven’t got the results we have wanted but I believe we have what it takes to put on a good show and get a few points on our side. I think we are playing well in patches so if we can get more consistent with that, we can definitely go on to win more games,” said Indian Women’s Hockey Captain Savita.
While the World’s No.1 team the Netherlands has had the edge over the Indian Women’s Hockey Team, the latter has shown glimpses of what they’re capable of throughout the tournament. The results haven’t been in India’s favour but they will look to turn it around and go up the table when they play the Dutch on Wednesday.
Trending Indian Sports articles
- Indian tennis players to reach top 100 of ATP Rankings in men’s singles
- Sumit Nagal breaks into ATP Top 100 rankings for first time in his career
- Marathon world record holder Kelvin Kiptum dead after fatal car accident in Kenya
- All England Open 2024: Satwik-Chirag to lead India’s challenge as top seeds
- List of Indian athletes to have secured qualification for Paris Olympics 2024
The Indian Women’s Hockey Team Chief Coach Janneke Schopman said, “The Netherlands is a quality side but we are not short on talent or ability. We will be patient while keeping the intensity of our hockey high and try to convert any scoring opportunities we have.”
The Indian Women’s Hockey Team will face the Netherlands at 1930hrs IST on 14th February.
All matches of the FIH Hockey Pro League 2023/24 will be streamed on JioCinema, additionally, all India matches will be telecast on Sports18 – Khel.
- Manpreet Singh ranks five most memorable moments in his career
- Major takeaways from India's performance in home leg of Men's FIH Pro League 2023-24
- Hockey India CEO Elena Norman steps down citing unpaid salaries, internal conflict; Hockey Federation responds
- Men's FIH Pro League 2023-24: Points table, India's results, standings, top scorers & more
- Men's FIH Pro League 2023-24: India's updated schedule, fixtures, results, squad, live streaming details