Asian Shooting Championship 2023: Shriyanka Sidangi secures India’s 13th Olympic quota in shooting
She finished 4th in 50m Rifle 3P event.
India’s Shriyanka Sidangi finished fourth by registering 440.5 in women’s 50m Rifle 3 Position at the ongoing Asian Shooting Championship 2023 in Changwon, South Korea. By finishing fourth, she automatically secured one of the two quotas available on offer for 2024 Paris Olympics. Other quota available went to Kazakhstan’s Arina Altukova who finished fifth.
In the qualification stage, Asian Games 2023 gold medalist Sift Kaur Samra, secured the top spot by registering 592 but she had entered the competition as an RPO. A total of five Indian shooter finished inside the top 10 with the other being – Ashi Chouksey (2nd), Shriyanka Sidangi (588), Ayushi Podder (9th) and Kaushik Manini (10th). Of the five, Ashi, Ayushi and Shriyanka entered the final.
Scoring 417.4, Ashi Chouksey finished sixth in the final. She had a good qualification stage where she finished 2nd behind countrymate Sift Kaur but couldn’t replicate the same form. With only two quotas on offer, Shriyanka and Arina Altukova secured the quotas with the elimination of Korea’s Bae.
Indian Sports Live Coverage on Khel Now
- Syed Modi International 2023: Ashwini-Tanisha enters final, Priyanshu knocked out in semis
- Vaishali Rameshbabu becomes India’s third female chess grandmaster
- National Shooting Championships 2023: Anantjeet Singh Naruka, Sift Kaur Samra win gold
- Satwik-Chirag climb to world No. 2 in Latest BWF Rankings
- Indian U-19 women’s table tennis team clinch bronze at ITTF World Youth Championships 2023
- Sheetal Devi becomes World No. 1 para archer in latest World Archery rankings
- Aditi Ashok wins second LET title this season at Open de Espana
- List of Indian athletes to have secured qualification for Paris Olympics 2024
With this the Indian shooting contingent has so far secured six Olympic quotas at the ongoing Asian Shooting Championship and also have earned all the possible rifle quotas (8) on offer combining both men’s and women’s section. This event helped India earn its first pistol quota through Sarabjot Singh in 10m Air Pistol. Thereafter, Manu Bhaker came forward to finish fifth and secured a quota in 25m Pistol.
Later in the day, the men’s 50m Rifle 3P event is scheduled to be held. Akhil Sheoran Aishwary Pratap Singh Tomar, Niraj Kumar, Swapnil Kumar and Goldi Gurjar are the Indian shooters to be in action.