Sudirman Cup 2023 Day 3 Highlights: Singapore lose 0-5 against China, crash out
Welcome to the live blog for day 3 of the Sudirman Cup 2023 finals. Teams from Group A and Group B will be in action today.
Sudirman Cup 2023 Finals Day 3 Lineup
- Indonesia v Germany – 10:00 AM (7:30 AM IST)
- Thailand v Canada – 10:00 AM (7:30 AM IST)
- China v Singapore – 5:00 PM (2:30 PM IST)
- Denmark v Egypt – 5:00 PM (2:30 PM IST)
*All matches are taking place at the Suzhou Olympic Sports Centre
- Sudirman Cup 2023 Day 4 Highlights
- Sudirman Cup 2023 Day 3 Highlights
- Sudirman Cup 2023 Day 2 Highlights
- Sudirman Cup 2023 Day 1 Highlights
- Sudirman Cup 2023: Full schedule, fixtures, results, live streaming details
- Sudirman Cup 2023 Preview: India eye historic medal but must first navigate tough group
- Key players to watch out from Chinese Taipei in Sudirman Cup 2023
- Key players to watch out from India in Sudirman Cup 2023
- Full squads of all teams participating in Sudirman Cup 2023
- Key players to watch out from Malaysia in Sudirman Cup 2023
- Which nations have won Sudirman Cup trophy?
Indonesia are the top-ranked team in Group A followed by Thailand. Indonesia beat thrashed Canada 5-0 in the group opener, while Thailand overcame Germany 4-1 after losing the opening match of this tie. Both teams will hope to secure their place in the Sudirman Cup 2023 quarter-finals with a victory today. Germany, who are placed third in the group also have an outside chance if they can upset the 1989 champions. Canada are at the bottom of the group and seem to be heading home after the group stages unless they can spring a surprise against Thailand.
In Group A, China are on top after their thrashing 5-0 win against Egypt, the only African team in the tournament. While Denmark beat Singapore 4-1 to take the second spot. Like in group A, both China and Denmark are favourites to progress through and need wins. Singapore are third in the group and have an outside chance if they can shock 12-time champions China. Denmark on second place face an easier opponent in Egypt.
Earlier on Monday, Malaysia and Chinese Taipei booked their places in the quarter-finals with two wins from as many games in Group C. India and Australia have been knocked out of the group. Similarly, Japan and Korea also advanced with a game remaining, while France and England bowed out.
For more updates, follow Khel Now on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram and join our community on Telegram.