Monza vs Juventus: Predicted lineup, injury news, head-to-head, telecast
There have been ‘zero’ draws whenever Monza and Juventus faced each other
Monza, Lombardy-based Italian side are doing fairly well given it is just their second year in the first tier. AC Monza beat Pisa SC in the Serie B playoffs final in the 2021-22 season to reach Serie A. After losing to AS Roma back on 22 October, Monza are unbeaten in their last four league games. This includes three 1-1 draws and a 3-1 win over Hellas Verona FC.
Juventus side will be travelling to Lombardy after hosting two games against Cagliari and Inter Milan. The Derby d’Italia ended 1-1 and the scorer was Dušan Vlahović for the Old Lady. Also, Juve have remained unbeaten in their last 8 games. Before that, they conceded their only loss of the season which happened to be a 4-2 away loss to Sassuolo.
Friday, 1 December 2023 at 7:45 PM UK
Saturday, 2 December 2023 at 1:15 AM IST
Location: Stadio Brianteo
Monza (in all competitions): D-D-W-D-L
Juventus (in all competitions): D-W-W-W-W
Players to Watch
Andrea Colpani (Monza)
The dynamic midfielder from AC Monza has so far scored 6 goals in Serie A. The 24-year-old attacking midfielder joined Monza after they got promoted to Serie A in the summer of 2022. Only Lautaro Martínez, Domenico Berardi and Olivier Giroud have found the net on more occasions than Andrea Colpani in the Italian first tier this season.
Dušan Vlahović (Juventus)
As per TuttoJuve, Chelsea, Real Madrid and Arsenal are interested in the services of forward Dušan Vlahović this upcoming January transfer window. Vlahović scored the opener in the Derby d’Italia on Monday. The Juventus lead however was subdued by Inter’s Lautaro Martínez 6 minutes later. The Serbian forward has 5 goals and an assist in 11 Serie A games for Juventus.
- Home side Monza have failed to keep a clean sheet in 5 games
- Visitors Juventus are currently the best defence in terms of clean sheets kept in Serie A. So far they have 8 clean sheets
- The Old Lady are only behind Inter Milan and sit at 2nd spot with 30 points while Monza are at 9th with 18 points on the league table
Trending World Football Articles:
- Top four players with most goals in 2023
- Top six players with most assists in 2023
- Best goals scored in football in 2023: Ranked
- Top 10 best footballers of 2023: Ranked
- Best football matches of 2023: Ranked
Injury & Team News
AC Monza’s centre-back Armando Izzo should be still out with some physical discomfort sustained from last month. Gianluca Caprari who wears the number 10 on his back is out with a cruciate ligament injury. Caprari’s expected return is 2024 March. Winger Papu Gómez is out with a 2-year doping ban.
Juventus are travelling without Paul Pogba and Nicolo Fagioli. Both of them remain suspended. Pogba for doping while Fagioli for betting-related offences. Timothy Weah, Mattia De Sciglio and Danilo are all out with respective injuries and are expected to be back by December.
Head to Head
Total Matches – 4
Monza wins – 2
Juventus wins – 2
Draws – 0
Monza predicted lineup (3-4-2-1):
Di Gregorio (GK); D’Ambrosio, Caldirola, Carboni; Birindelli, Pessina, Gagliardini, Kyriakopoulos; Colpani, Mota; Colombo
Juventus predicted lineup (5-3-2):
Szczęsny (GK); Cambiaso, Gatti, Bremer, Rugani, Kostic; McKennie, Nicolussi, Rabiot; Vlahovic, Chiesa
Match Prediction for Monza vs Juventus
AC Monza and Juventus have faced each other a total of 4 times including 1 club friendly in August 2021. There have been no draws to date. Also, the scorelines have remained fairly close. Expecting the same in this game. Juventus will be looking to get all three points as they don’t want to lag further behind in Serie A from leaders Inter Milan this early.
Prediction: Monza 1-2 Juventus
Telecast for Monza vs Juventus
India – JioCinema, VIACOM18
UK – TNT Sports
US – Paramount+, CBS
Nigeria – SUPERSPORT
- AIFF to approach Anti Corruption Bureau for alleged match-fixing incident in Delhi
- Will 5th place Premier League team get into Champions League? Rules explained as Manchester United close gap
- Delhi Soccer Association suspends Ahbab FC with immediate effect
- Injury sidelines Kerala Blasters goalie Sachin Suresh for 'significant duration'
- Top five youngest players to score in 6 consecutive Premier League games