Rotherham United vs Leeds United: Predicted lineup, injury news, head-to-head, telecast
EFL Championship resumes at New York Stadium after international break
Rotherham United last fell to Watford FC on the road. It was a 5-0 defeat that also led to the sacking of their manager Matt Taylor. Now with Wayne Carlisle overtaking the managerial role as a temporary caretaker boss, they have to host a hungry Leeds United side as the EFL Championship resumes after the November international break.
Leeds United entered the break with 31 points on the table after 16 league games. Only Leicester City and Ipswich Town are ahead of the Whites. Currently, both sides occupy the automatic promotion spots due to their 39 points on board.
A win for the away side can help them reduce the gap towards automatic promotion while a home win can come as an aid in the future to break free from the relegation shackles.
Friday, 24 November 2023 at 8:00 PM UK
Saturday, 25 November 2023 at 1:30 AM IST
Location: New York Stadium
Rotherham United (in all competitions): L-D-D-L-W
Leeds United (in all competitions): W-W-W-L-W
Players to Watch
Jordan Hugill (Rotherham United)
Jordan Hugill from Middlesbrough began to call Rotherham United, a South Yorkshire football club, his home this January. The centre-forward has been hugely involved in this season’s games having been given minutes in each one of the league games so far. Hugill has scored 3 goals in the ongoing 2023-24 Championship.
Crysencio Summerville (Leeds United)
The 22-year-old Dutch winger has been creating havoc for opposition defences this season. In the 13 league games in which Crysencio Summerville participated, the player scored 6 goals and provided a further 5 assists. Summerville is surely one of the players with a very bright future in the second tier of English football.
- Rotherham United have been able to keep just 1 clean sheet in 16 Championship games
- Only Leicester City, Ipswich Town and Norwich City have scored more goals in the division than Leeds United
- Before Kick-off Leeds sit third with 31 points while Rotherham are on 11 points to sit at the 22nd spot
Trending World Football Articles:
- Top four players with most goals in 2023
- Top six players with most assists in 2023
- Best goals scored in football in 2023: Ranked
- Top 10 best footballers of 2023: Ranked
- Best football matches of 2023: Ranked
Injury & Team News
The home side which no longer will be led by Matt Taylor on the touchlines has found it hard to deal with hamstring injuries. A string of 4 players are recovering from it. The hamstring sufferers are Tyler Blackett, Sam Clucas, Grant Hall and Cameron Humphreys. Also, winger Shane Ferguson is recovering from Hernia surgery while an Achilles tendon injury cuts Andre Green’s action for this year.
Daniel Farke’s men have done well so far. But going into this action after the November break, Leeds are left with three players from the full-back positions out on the sidelines. Left-back Sam Byram, right-back Stuart Dallas and Djed Spence are all expected to be back by mid-December from their respective injuries.
Head to Head
Total Matches – 9
Rotherham United wins – 3
Leeds United wins – 5
Draws – 1
Rotherham United predicted lineup (4-2-3-1):
Johansson (GK); Lembikisa, Ayala, Odoffin, Bramall; Tiehi, Cafu; Onyedinma, Rathbone, Appiah; Hugill
Leeds United predicted lineup (4-2-3-1):
Meslier (GK); Gray, Rodon, Cooper, Firpo; Ampadu, Kamara; James, Piroe, Summerville; Rutter
Match Prediction for Rotherham United vs Leeds United
The home side decided to no longer continue with Matt Taylor as their manager after a 5-0 away defeat to Watford. A support staff led Rotherham United should have trouble facing a stable opposition like Leeds United. The Whites under Daniel Farke are one of the favourites to get a promotion to the Premier League. The away side hopefully will continue where they left that is secure all three points on the table.
Prediction: Rotherham United 0-2 Leeds United
Telecast for Rotherham United vs Leeds United
India – FanCode
UK – Sky Sports
US – ESPN+
Nigeria – Supersport, ESPN Africa, Sporty
- AIFF to approach Anti Corruption Bureau for alleged match-fixing incident in Delhi
- Will 5th place Premier League team get into Champions League? Rules explained as Manchester United close gap
- Delhi Soccer Association suspends Ahbab FC with immediate effect
- Injury sidelines Kerala Blasters goalie Sachin Suresh for 'significant duration'
- Top five youngest players to score in 6 consecutive Premier League games