Khel Now logo
HomeSportsIPL 2024Live Score
Advertisement

ISL- Indian Super League

Hyderabad FC in dire straits as two foreigners leave midway

Published at :December 8, 2023 at 4:51 PM
Modified at :January 14, 2024 at 12:16 AM
Post Featured Image

(Courtesy : ISL Media)

Yash Pratap Singh


Hyderabad FC might face an additional transfer ban from FIFA now.

Indian Super League (ISL) side Hyderabad FC currently find themselves in deep trouble both on and off the pitch. The 2021-22 ISL Trophy winners are yet to win a game this season and are currently placed last on the points table.

And to add more misery, two of their six foreign players have left the squad which leaves them with just four overseas players for the upcoming ISL clash against NorthEast United on Sunday.

Who left?

Hyderabad FC’s Brazilian forward Felipe Amorim took to his social media and announced that he is ending his time at Hyderabad on Thursday. He did not cite any reasons and Hyderabad FC are yet to comment on the matter.

However, according to The Times of India, the attacker who featured in six games for the club was left to consider his future after his salary for multiple months remained unpaid. “Felipe was among the group of foreign players who put the club on notice regarding non-payment of salaries. Despite several promises, the money was not cleared, and he eventually decided that there was no point continuing with Hyderabad,” a source told TOI.

Felipe Amorim has become the second player to leave Hyderabad FC this season after Mexican defender Oswaldo Alanis ended his stint with the club last week. It is being said that the defender was very frustrated with the atmosphere at Hyderabad FC and therefore decided to quit.

According to TOI, another player is now considering to end his term with Hyderabad FC. “The problems at Hyderabad are mounting with each passing day. Even the calmest players are now losing their cool,” said another source. 

The problem continues

Hyderabad FC find themselves in a lot of trouble because they cannot do anything to replace their overseas duo of Felipe and Alanis because they are currently serving a transfer ban from FIFA.

The ban came into force due to non-payment of dues to Nigerian striker Bartholomew Ogbeche. The former NorthEast United FC man was a part of Hyderabad FC for two years and even helped them win the ISL title in 2021-22. 

Hyderabad FC’s former manager Manolo Marquez is also among those who have complained to FIFA and if his payment is not cleared in less than a week, the Nizams can face an additional ban.

For more updates, follow Khel Now on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Youtube; download the Khel Now Android App or IOS App and join our community on Whatsapp & Telegram.

Advertisement
Advertisement