Man City leading race to sign U-17 World Cup star Claudio Echeverri
Real Madrid are also interested in the young Argentine
When it comes to spotting exceptional players from around the globe, signing them, and then grooming them into first-team regulars at Santiago Bernabeu, Real Madrid has an amazing track record in the past few years.
Stars such as Fede Valverde, Vinicius Junior, Eduardo Camavinga, and Rodrygo were all popular among teens when they joined the team and have subsequently become household names.
Real Madrid should be keeping a watch on the current FIFA Under-17 World Cup, which Germany won. But Claudio Echeverri of Argentina seemed to be the competition’s top player.
The 17-year-old River Plate player’s hat-trick against Brazil was unquestionably his best performance. However, he also made a huge impression in other games, earning the moniker “Next Messi.”
Trending World Football Articles:
- Top four players with most goals in 2023
- Top six players with most assists in 2023
- Best goals scored in football in 2023: Ranked
- Top 10 best footballers of 2023: Ranked
- Best football matches of 2023: Ranked
It’s interesting to note that Echeverri and Real Madrid have been connected for a while. However, other teams are vying for the Argentine’s signature besides Los Blancos.
Real Madrid and Manchester City are both vying for the “Next Lionel Messi.”
The Mirror has stated that Manchester City is considering a deal for Echeverri. With the signing of Julian Alvarez, they hope to strengthen their relationship with River Plate, which they believe will provide them an advantage.
Host of clubs chasing Claudio Echeverri’s signature
The agreement that Echeverri inked with River Plate in January is said to contain a £21.44 million release clause.
That amount does, however, increase to £25.73 million in the ten days after the conclusion of any transfer window. However, there are rumours that the Argentine club is trying to increase that amount and reach new terms with him.
With Echeverri developing to be among the most interesting talents in international football, a lot is going on at the moment. Over the years, many “next Messis” have come and gone without living up to the hype. Watch and discover if the wonderkid from the River Plate is capable of delivering.
- Top five managers who could replace Thomas Tuchel at Bayern Munich
- Europeans have started watching more Asian football now, asserts Madih Talal
- AIFF to approach Anti Corruption Bureau for alleged match-fixing incident in Delhi
- Will 5th place Premier League team get into Champions League? Rules explained as Manchester United close gap
- Delhi Soccer Association suspends Ahbab FC with immediate effect