Manchester United considering Rashford & Raphinha swap deal: Rumours
Rashford is currently suffering a dip in form at Manchester United
This campaign, the Red Devils have had difficulty scoring goals; Anthony Martial has scored two goals in every tournament, while Rasmus Hojlund, a recent addition, has not yet registered a goal in the Premier League notwithstanding his outstanding performance in the Champions League.
Nevertheless, Rashford’s decline in play has served as a major contributing factor to their goal drought this season; the England international scored 30 goals the previous year but has only found the back of the net twice this time around.
The Man Utd attacker has faced more criticism in recent days due to his subpar play in Saturday’s 1-0 defeat to Newcastle United against the Red Devils.
Rashford and other Manchester United players had “awful” attitudes against the Magpies, according to Alan Shearer, who also said the academy graduate “looked as if he didn’t want to be there at all.”
Trending World Football Articles:
- Top five most valuable squads in football
- Top 10 players with biggest rating upgrade in EA FC 24
- Ranking the favourites to win Best FIFA Men’s Player Award 2023
- Top five favourites to win Serie A 2023-24 based on odds
- Top 10 footballers who were banned for doping
Early in the season, there were whispers that Rashford might leave Old Trafford, but he put ink to paper on an additional five-year deal in July, putting an end to the suspicions.
Just six months later, though, there are new speculations that he is dissatisfied and may leave the team. According to Spanish daily Todofichajes, Man Utd and Barcelona are ‘taking into account a swap’ deal for Rashford and Raphinha.
Raphinha, a former winger for Leeds United, is having trouble getting off to a good start for Xavi’s squad this year; the Brazilian is rumoured to be returning to the Premier League.
According to the source, Man Utd has now “placed Rashford on the exit ramp” and he is one of the players in the “eye of the hurricane” prior to the January transfer window.
Rashford allegedly received a directive to “pack his bags” at Old Trafford, with a potential transfer to Barcelona “gaining more strength.”
- Top 10 biggest bans in football history
- Top five long-term replacements for Kevin De Bruyne at Manchester City
- Top five youngest players to feature in Premier League 2023-24
- Top 33 fastest football players in the world in 2024
- Adelaide United goalie Grace Wilson becomes first non-binary footballer in Australia