Real Madrid to shift focus from Mbappe to Haaland if Frenchman delays decision
Real Madrid will move for Haaland if Mbappe fails to respond to their ultimatum
Mbappe has previously been on the verge of joining Real Madrid, and even though the French striker left him dangling from the Spanish powerhouses are still eager to get him to the Santiago Bernabeu.
He may sign a 12-month agreement with PSG before his contract expires in the summer, but if he doesn’t sign one by the close of the year, he is going to be free to speak with other teams starting on January 1.
The Spanish newspaper AS reports that Real Madrid plans to move forward, but they will give Mbappe until January 15 to decide if he wants to move to Los Blancos or stay in Paris for another year.
Erling Haaland of Manchester City will be the focus if Mbappe doesn’t decide to sign with Real Madrid by January 15th, according to the source.
In the Spanish capital, there is speculation that Haaland will be eager to go and reunite with Jude Bellingham, his former colleague at Borussia Dortmund.
Trending World Football Articles:
- Top four players with most goals in 2023
- Top six players with most assists in 2023
- Best goals scored in football in 2023: Ranked
- Top 10 best footballers of 2023: Ranked
- Best football matches of 2023: Ranked
Real Madrid are certain they can entice the Norwegian away from the Premier League champions since he has a home there and travels there often.
Dealing with Haaland won’t be simple for Manchester City, who are unwilling to part with their star attacker, whose contract did contain a provision for release that has since been lifted.
He was formerly able to leave for £150 million in the summer of 2024, according to a report from The Athletic a few months ago, but that is currently not possible.
The Haaland release option was nullified when the Spaniard inked a two-year deal in November 2022, which was related to coach Pep Guardiola’s role at the team.
It’s unclear if the Norwegian’s contract has an additional release provision that goes into effect later.
- Top 10 biggest bans in football history
- Top five long-term replacements for Kevin De Bruyne at Manchester City
- Top five youngest players to feature in Premier League 2023-24
- Top 33 fastest football players in the world in 2024
- Adelaide United goalie Grace Wilson becomes first non-binary footballer in Australia