Sheffield United vs Liverpool: Predicted lineup, injury news, head-to-head, telecast
The contest between two clubs at the extreme ends of the points table could be entertaining.
Liverpool FC host Sheffield United in their next Premier League assignment with an eye on staying amongst the leading pack in the league table. The fixture is gearing up to be an exciting one but it can also be heavily one-sided depending on the previous results for both teams respectively in the competition.
Sheffield United come into the fixture on the back of a horrible 5-0 defeat against Burnley FC. On the other hand, Liverpool FC recorded an impressive 4-3 win over Fulham at Anfield to stay hot on the heels of league leaders Arsenal.
Here is a look at what to expect from the game:
Thursday, 7 December 2023 1:00 AM IST (19:30 UTC 6 December) at Bramall Lane stadium.
Sheffield United (all competitions) – L-L-D-W-L
Liverpool FC (all competitions) – W-W-D-W-L
Player to Watch
Gustavo Hamer (Sheffield United)
Sheffield United lacks the star power that a club like Liverpool has in abundance. They are struggling for points due to a lack of leaders in the squad. However, Gustavo Hamer is one of the players who is not bowing down despite his recent form. He held his head high in the 5-0 loss to Burnley and played some positive football. The attacking midfielder is currently the top scorer for the club in the league with two goals.
Trent Alexander-Arnold (Liverpool FC)
Trent Alexander-Arnold was sensational for Liverpool against Fulham. He scored the winning goal right at the death and also played a crucial part in LFC’s first goal with his free kick. He had 102 touches of the ball during the game and created countless opportunities for the side. It is fair to say he will play an important role for Liverpool against Sheffield United.
- Liverpool and Sheffield United are separated by 26 points heading into the game.
- The Blades are the only team in the PL to win less than two matches after 14 fixtures.
- Mohamed Salah is the second in the race for the Golden Boot with 10 goals, four behind Erling Haaland (14).
Trending World Football Articles:
- Top four players with most goals in 2023
- Top six players with most assists in 2023
- Best goals scored in football in 2023: Ranked
- Top 10 best footballers of 2023: Ranked
- Best football matches of 2023: Ranked
Injury & Team News
Sheffield United will be without Ollie McBurnie who saw two yellows and a subsequent red in the previous match. Liverpool will miss Andrew Robertson, Alisson and Diogo Jota due to injuries.
Head to Head
Total Matches Played – 140
Sheffield United wins – 45
Liverpool FC wins – 64
Draws – 31
Predicted Lineups for Sheffield United vs Liverpool
Sheffield United Predicted Lineup (3-4-2-1)
Foderingham (GK); Ahmedhodzic, Robinson, Trusty; Baldock, Norwood, Fleck, Thomas; Hamer, Archer; Traore
Liverpool Predicted Lineup (4-3-3)
Kelleher (GK); Alexander-Arnold, Konate, Van Dijk, Tsimikas; Gravenberch, Mac Allister, Endo; Salah, Nunez, Gakpo
Match Prediction for Sheffield United vs Liverpool
It will take a lot of work for Sheffield United to contain an in-form Liverpool team. The Reds will be high on morale after an iconic win against Fulham heading into the game. It could be a game with one-way traffic.
Prediction: Sheffield United 0 – 3 Liverpool
India – Disney Hotstar, Star Sports Network
US – Peacock, Paramount+
UK – Amazon Prime Video
Nigeria – DStv Compact
- Top 10 biggest bans in football history
- Top five long-term replacements for Kevin De Bruyne at Manchester City
- Top five youngest players to feature in Premier League 2023-24
- Top 33 fastest football players in the world in 2024
- Adelaide United goalie Grace Wilson becomes first non-binary footballer in Australia