Chelsea transfer target Victor Osimhen on verge of committing future with Napoli
Napoli president confirms Victor Osimhen will sign a new deal
Last season, the 24-year-old Nigerian striker made history by leading the Italian team to their first Serie A championship in thirty-three years.
Osimhen has been on a scorching run this season, having scored 26 goals in 32 games in the top division.
Because of this, he was linked to some of the top European teams during the transfer season, with Manchester United and Chelsea vying for his services.
De Laurentiis said: “For Osimhen, we are at signing of the contract that was pending this summer.”
Despite this, he has maintained his composure and added six more goals to his Napoli total this season despite several issues.
Following a contentious TikTok post in September that had the player considering suing his employers, the Premier League pair, along with rivals Arsenal, were placed on high alert.
Trending World Football Articles:
- Top four players with most goals in 2023
- Top six players with most assists in 2023
- Best goals scored in football in 2023: Ranked
- Top 10 best footballers of 2023: Ranked
- Best football matches of 2023: Ranked
Owner of Chelsea, Todd Boehly, is now desperate to bolster his front line and has set Osimhen as his main January goal.
However, it appears that he will be disappointed after learning that Napoli and their lucky charm are nearing a deal to extend their contract, as disclosed by CEO Aurelio de Laurentiis.
He revealed the information this week while presenting the Campania Felix award, despite earlier attempts at dialogue failing.
According to earlier rumours, Napoli is expected to incorporate a sizable release provision in the agreement. The present agreement with Osimhen expires in June 2025. Nine points below leaders Juventus, Napoli is now having trouble defending their championship.
However, they will aim to attempt and close that difference when they play Inter Milan, who are in second position, at home on Sunday.
- Top five managers who could replace Thomas Tuchel at Bayern Munich
- Europeans have started watching more Asian football now, asserts Madih Talal
- AIFF to approach Anti Corruption Bureau for alleged match-fixing incident in Delhi
- Will 5th place Premier League team get into Champions League? Rules explained as Manchester United close gap
- Delhi Soccer Association suspends Ahbab FC with immediate effect