Newcastle forward Callum Wilson injury-doubt for upcoming games
The striker was seen wearing a strap on his shoulder in the Magpies’ previous match
Newcastle United are concerned about Callum Wilson’s fitness for Saturday’s home match against Bournemouth due to a pectoral issue.
Wearing his shirt as a strap, the forward departed the field after getting into a tussle with a defender early in the match against Nottingham Forest, where he was making his first appearance since before Christmas. Following the 3-2 victory, Eddie Howe revealed that Wilson was experiencing an arm issue. Callum Wilson’s problem in his pectoral which is the muscle in his chest that attaches to the upper arm and shoulder bones.
Newcastle are optimistic that they can control the injury and let the 31-year-old play this weekend against his old team. Nevertheless, a decision won’t be made until the end of the week.
Given that Alexander Isak, his lone other striker, is now dealing with a groyne issue and is doubtful for the game, Howe will be hoping for good news.
Trending World Football Articles:
- Top four players with most goals in 2023
- Top six players with most assists in 2023
- Best goals scored in football in 2023: Ranked
- Top 10 best footballers of 2023: Ranked
- Best football matches of 2023: Ranked
Callum Wilson’s injury-plagued season has only allowed him to play in 24 games, making eight starts in the league and eight substitute appearances. With seven goals, he is still a top-tier centre-forward with dreams of playing for England when healthy.
However, Wilson’s contract expires in 2025, thus availability concerns likely mean this will be his final season at St. James’ Park. We are aware that he is probably going to relocate abroad, and Saudi teams are keeping an eye on him.
Eddie Howe stated that he hopes to see Joe Willock back in action by the end of the month since he is scheduled to resume full team practice.
However, he cautioned that unless Willock’s Achilles tendon is fully tested, no one will be able to determine how match-ready he is. Another player who might return very soon is Elliot Anderson, who has the head coach’s good vibes going for him.
- Top five long-term replacements for Kevin De Bruyne at Manchester City
- Top five youngest players to feature in Premier League 2023-24
- Top 33 fastest football players in the world in 2024
- Adelaide United goalie Grace Wilson becomes first non-binary footballer in Australia
- Top 10 best players in Liga Portugal 2023-24: Ranked