Everton vs Tottenham: Predicted lineup, injury news, head-to-head, telecast
The Toffees host Spurs at Goodison Park to fight to get out of the relegation zone!
There is excitement in the atmosphere as two of the top teams in the Premier League, Everton and Tottenham face off. With their attacking flair, Tottenham seeks an important away win, while Everton looks to grab points at home and get out of the relegation zone. The result will probably be shaped by tactical strategy and individual brilliance. In the always unpredictable Premier League, football fans expect a very challenging game where both clubs aim for victory.
Saturday, 3rd February 2024, 06:00 PM IST; 01:30 PM GMT
Location: Goodison Park
Everton (in all competitions): D-D-L-L-L
Tottenham (in all competitions): D-W-L-W-W
Players to watch for
Dominic Calvert-Lewin: Everton
Dominic Calvert-Lewin has been an important part of the Everton team. He is well-known for his aerial strength and his ability to finish over the last few seasons. He has transformed into an incredible goal-scorer for Everton and fans have high expectations of him to get them out of the relegation zone. Coaching staff have praised him for his efforts, which have been crucial to Everton’s attacking approach.
Timo Werner: Tottenham
Timo Werner is a dynamic forward with a great goal-scoring record in the footballing world. Werner has joined Tottenham recently and has become well-known & an impressive player already. His dynamic and important approach on the pitch indicates a bright future in English football. The fans and coaching staff have high expectations from the German striker.
- The last time Tottenham Hotspur defeated Everton FC away game was in 2018, whereas the last time Everton beat Tottenham Hotspur at home was in 2012.
- Tottenham stand 5th in the EPL, while Everton are in the 18th position right now!
- With six goals, Doucoure leads Everton in goals. Son Heung-min leads Tottenham Hotspur with 12 goals.
Trending World Football Articles:
- Top four players with most goals in 2023
- Top six players with most assists in 2023
- Best goals scored in football in 2023: Ranked
- Top 10 best footballers of 2023: Ranked
- Best football matches of 2023: Ranked
Injury and team news
Before their matchup with Tottenham, Everton are facing significant injury concerns. Due to injuries, Coleman, Doucoure and Dele Alli will likely miss the game but if they recover well, they might as well play. On the other hand, Tottenham is doubtful about Soloman, Veliz and Lo Celso heading to the Goodison Park in the EPL.
Predicted lineup for Everton vs Tottenham
Everton Predicted lineup (4-4-2)
Pickford (GK); Young, Tarkowski, Branthwaite, Mykolenko; Harrison, Garner, Gomes, McNeil; Doucoure, Calvert-Lewin
Tottenham Predicted lineup (4-3-3)
Vicario (GK); Porro, Romero, Van de Ven, Udogie; Bentancur, Skipp, Maddison; Kulusevski, Werner, Richarlison
Match prediction for Everton vs Tottenham
The matchup at Goodison Park is much-awaited because both Premier League teams have talented squads & there is an element of surprise in this match. This game is intriguing due to Tottenham’s attacking ability and Everton’s resilience. The outcome could depend on individual player skill and well-executed game strategies. Because of the volatility of EPL, the real result will only be known on matchday.
Prediction: Everton 1-2 Tottenham
India – Star Sports, Disney+ Hotstar
UK – Sky Sports, TNT Sports
US – NBC, USA Network
Nigeria – DSTV, GoTV
- AIFF to approach Anti Corruption Bureau for alleged match-fixing incident in Delhi
- Will 5th place Premier League team get into Champions League? Rules explained as Manchester United close gap
- Delhi Soccer Association suspends Ahbab FC with immediate effect
- Injury sidelines Kerala Blasters goalie Sachin Suresh for 'significant duration'
- Top five youngest players to score in 6 consecutive Premier League games