Jesse Lingard on verge of shock move to South Korea's FC Seoul
The England international has been without a club since the summer
The former Manchester United player Jesse Lingard’s lengthy wait to play football again may soon come to an end as he is rumoured to be moving to South Korea.
The England international is reportedly close to finalising his transfer to FC Seoul, according to Sky Sports. According to the news source, he has verbally agreed to a two-year contract with a third-year option. It’s also said that the Korean club was the most interesting alternative he might have chosen.
Since leaving Nottingham Forest last summer when his contract with the Premier League team expired, Lingard hasn’t appeared in the league. Since then, he has been connected to some teams, but no agreement has come to pass. It was also reported that Al-Shabab was considering him.
The 31-year-old spent a month training with Al-Ettifaq of Saudi Arabia, but Steven Gerrard’s squad decided not to sign him.
Trending World Football Articles:
- Top four players with most goals in 2023
- Top six players with most assists in 2023
- Best goals scored in football in 2023: Ranked
- Top 10 best footballers of 2023: Ranked
- Best football matches of 2023: Ranked
He has been posting videos of himself practising alone as he prepares to return to the game. According to reports, he offered himself to La Liga winners Barcelona, but they rejected him.
The winger has made over 230 games for Manchester United, impressed during a loan at West Ham, and made 32 appearances for England’s senior squad.
He did, however, fall short of expectations during his tenure at Forest, starting 12 of the team’s 17 Premier League games before his departure at the end of the previous year.
If Lingard can reach an agreement with the South Korean capital club further down the road, he will try to clinch his move in the not-too-distant future and may be headed to continue his career in Asia.
- Three losses in a row for FC Goa and other talking points from ISL 2023-24 GW 16
- Dimitrios Diamantakos, Mirshad Michu headline ISL 2023-24 Team of GW 16
- ISL 2023-24: Who tops Khel Now’s Power Rankings in Phase 3?
- Top five most successful English clubs of all-time
- Top 10 clubs with most Carabao Cup titles in history