Manchester United in talks with Kobbie Mainoo over new bumper contract
Kobbie Mainoo has two goals this season for Manchester United
According to rumours, Manchester United have chosen to expedite negotiations with Kobbie Mainoo on a new permanent deal and a significant salary increase.
The 18-year-old had great evaluations during the summer preseason, but he was sidelined by an injury at the beginning of the season, he has since more than made up for it.
In the seven Premier League games that Mainoo has started for United, he has shown maturity and composure on the ball. Against Wolves, he capped off several excellent midfield performances with a spectacular run and finish to seal a late victory.
His most recent contract was signed in February 2023, less than a year ago, and at first, it seemed like United’s management wasn’t in a rush to start new negotiations.
The agreement has a one-year extension option and expires in June 2027, so United have plenty of leeway. It was anticipated that negotiations over a renewal would not start until the summer.
Fabrizio Romano, however, claims that United’s stance has suddenly evolved and that they wish to sign a player who might serve as the foundation of their squad for the ensuing ten years.
Trending World Football Articles:
- Top four players with most goals in 2023
- Top six players with most assists in 2023
- Best goals scored in football in 2023: Ranked
- Top 10 best footballers of 2023: Ranked
- Best football matches of 2023: Ranked
New contracts have already been drafted, and negotiations with Mainoo’s team are reportedly doing well.
While Mainoo is eager to commit to Old Trafford, United is certain that the youthful midfielder will play a significant role in their plans in the years to come.
The Red Devils have stated unequivocally that he will be an integral part of their plan, and in recognition of his increasing importance to the team, he will receive a hefty pay increase.
Mainoo is even being considered for a call-up for the national team for this summer’s Euros, despite never having played for the England Under-21 team. If contract negotiations had been postponed until after the season, this could have caused obstacles.
- Top 10 biggest bans in football history
- Top five long-term replacements for Kevin De Bruyne at Manchester City
- Top five youngest players to feature in Premier League 2023-24
- Top 33 fastest football players in the world in 2024
- Adelaide United goalie Grace Wilson becomes first non-binary footballer in Australia