Watch: Aymeric Laporte's incredible half way line goal against Inter Miami
Aymeric Laporte scored the third goal of the evening
This was a much-awaited meeting between two of the upcoming giants in world football. Inter Miami have travelled to Saudi Arabia to prepare for the upcoming Major League Soccer (MLS) season.
The build-up for this match was around Cristiano Ronaldo and Lionel Messi. Every build-up resulted in a sad ending after Ronaldo was ruled out of the match. Yesterday, Al Nassr’s manager announced that the Portuguese sensation is recovering from injury and won’t feature against Inter Miami.
Today, just before the match started, it was confirmed that Lionel Messi has a slight hamstring issue and will be doubtful to face the Saudi club. The Argentine was not included in the starting 11 and was on the bench.
This highly-anticipated match started without two icons. Al Nassr were the home team and they took full advantage of Messi’s absence.
Ronaldo’s fellow countryman, Otavio, opened the scoring in the third minute. Anderson Talisca scored in the 10th minute and Aymeric Laporte scored the third goal in the 12th minute.
Trending World Football Articles:
- Top four players with most goals in 2023
- Top six players with most assists in 2023
- Best goals scored in football in 2023: Ranked
- Top 10 best footballers of 2023: Ranked
- Best football matches of 2023: Ranked
Aymeric Laporte went on to score a spectacular goal in this match. Otavio won a free-kick inside the defensive half. The Frenchman saw Drake Callender off the line and took his chance by attempting a long-range effort. Callender was beaten and Laporte scored a goal worth remembering.
Watch how the former Manchester City defender was able to beat the opposition goalkeeper with this effort.
Here is another angle of Laporte’s spectacular strike against Inter Miami.
Al Nassr are heading to a comfortable win. Inter Miami, on the other hand, are heading to back-to-back losses in Saudi Arabia.
- Top 10 biggest bans in football history
- Top five long-term replacements for Kevin De Bruyne at Manchester City
- Top five youngest players to feature in Premier League 2023-24
- Top 33 fastest football players in the world in 2024
- Adelaide United goalie Grace Wilson becomes first non-binary footballer in Australia