Shillong Lajong FC registered another victory over Nangkiew Irat Sports Club by 2-1 in the Gionee Shillong Premier League match at the JN Stadium Shillong on Tuesday.

In the 10th minute of the match Lajong youngsters came very close to take the lead but Bipin’s shot was saved by the Nangkiew keeper to deny the lead.

Three minutes later, Lajong’s Redeem Tlang made a good run from the right and passed the ball to find Isaac, who shot from inside the box but the Nangkiew keeper was alert and denied Lajong again.

The defending champions were looking very dangerous in front of goal and kept adding immense pressure on the Nangkiew defenders as they were very eager to break the deadlock.

In the 25th minute, Lajong got two shots on goal but it was cleared by the Nangkiew defenders.

Lajong again came very close to take the lead but Bipin Singh’s shot from inside the box went over the crossbar.

Nangkiew Irat got a free kick just before half time but the shot went wide off the left post.

Lajong finally were rewarded with the goal just minutes after the second half kicked off. Samuel Lalmuanpuia scored a stunning free kick which sailed over the keepers head to the top left corner of the net in the 47th minute.

Nangkiew Irat played a much better game in the second half and the contest between the two sides got very exciting. In the 57th minute of the game, Nangkiew Irat cancelled Lajong’s lead and leveled the score.

Lajong were seen combining exceptionally well upfront and in the 61st minute, Lalrammuana shot from inside the box but it went wide off the left post.

In the 70th minute, Milan Basumatary beat two defenders but his shot from inside the box went just inches wide. Two minutes later Lajong were given a free kick but it was blocked by the Nangkiew defenders.

Another stunning free kick by Samuela from 30 yards in the 80th minute went wasted as the Nangkiew keeper parried it away for a corner and denied Lajong the chance to score their second goal.

Finally in the 88th minute of the game, Lajong regained the lead. Redeem Tlang made a superb run inside the box and shot with his left foot which sailed to the right side of the net.

In the closing stages of the game, Lajong were given a free kick after a foul by Nanagkiew player. Isaac’s shot went to the right top corner of the net but the Nangkiew keeper did well as he punched the shot away to deny Lajong the goal.

The referee blew the the final whistle and awarded Lajong the three points. Lajong remain at the top of the table with 29 points.

Shillong Lajong will play their next match against Langsning FC on 21st October.