Sudirman Cup 2023 Quarter-Finals Highlights: Korea, Japan, Malaysia, China advance to semis
Welcome to the live blog for the quarter-finals of the Sudirman Cup 2023 finals. A total of eight teams, including the defending champions China and Malaysia, will be in action.
Sudirman Cup 2023 Quarter-Finals Lineup
- Chinese Taipei vs Korea – 10:00 (7:30 AM IST)
- Thailand vs Japan – 10:00 (7:30 AM IST)
- China vs Japan – 17:00 (2:30 PM IST)
- Denmark vs Malaysia – 17:00 (2:30 PM IST)
- Sudirman Cup 2023 Quarter-Finals Highlights
- Sudirman Cup 2023 Day 5 Highlights
- Sudirman Cup 2023 Day 4 Highlights
- Sudirman Cup 2023 Day 3 Highlights
- Sudirman Cup 2023 Day 2 Highlights
- Sudirman Cup 2023 Day 1 Highlights
- Sudirman Cup 2023: Full schedule, fixtures, results, live streaming details
- Sudirman Cup 2023 Preview: India eye historic medal but must first navigate tough group
- Key players to watch out from Chinese Taipei in Sudirman Cup 2023
- Key players to watch out from India in Sudirman Cup 2023
- Full squads of all teams participating in Sudirman Cup 2023
- Key players to watch out from Malaysia in Sudirman Cup 2023
- Which nations have won Sudirman Cup trophy?
Group Stage Summary
The group stages of the Sudirman Cup 2023 concluded on May 18 (Thursday) and the top two teams from each group progressed to the quarter-finals. A total of 16 teams took part in the mixed team championship and were equally divided into four groups. The draw for the knockouts was held as soon as the group stages got over on Thursday night in Suzhou, China.
Hosts China, Malaysia, Korea, and Thailand topped their respective groups while Asian heavyweights Japan, Indonesia, Chinese Taipei and Denmark (from Europe) finished second.
China have won the prestigious tournament a record 12 times, and this time too are one of the favourites to lift the trophy. Meanwhile, India finished the tournament in the eleventh spot (behind France and Singapore) after winning only one tie against Australia.
They lost the opening two ties to Chinese Taipei (1-4) and Malaysia (0-5) and were knocked out after a defeat against the latter. Compared to the previous edition, India finished one position ahead this time (finished 12th in the 2021 edition).
Only one European country (Denmark) as expected made the cut to the quarter-finals by finishing in the second spot in Group A behind China.
For more updates, follow Khel Now on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram and join our community on Telegram.