Kim Astrup-Anders Rasmussen join exclusive men’s doubles list with French Open 2023 title
They become the fourth men’s doubles pair to conquer titles across four different levels.
The Danish duo, Kim Astrup and Anders Rasmussen, achieved a remarkable feat by winning the BWF French Open 2023 championship on October 29th. With this victory, they became the fourth men’s doubles pair to win BWF World Tour titles at four different levels – 1000, 750, 500, and 300.
The first pair to achieve this feat was Indonesia’s duo of, Fajar Alfian and Muhammad Rian Ardianto, followed by India’s Satwiksairaj Rankireddy and Chirag Shetty, who accomplished it in June 2023. In the Super 1000 category, they secured a victory at the China Open in 2018. This was followed by a Super 300 title when they won the Spain Masters in 2020. The duo also claimed another Super 300 title by winning the Swiss Open in 2021.
In the Super 500 category, they achieved success in three tournaments: Canada Open, Hong Kong Open, and Arctic Open, all in 2023. The French Open marked their first Super 750 title. Previously, they reached the final of the Japan Open in 2022 but finished as runners-up.
In the recent BWF French Open, after defeating Liu Yu Chen and Ou Xuan Yi of China with a score of 21-17 and 21-19 in the semifinals, the Danish pair advanced to the tournament’s final.
In the final, they faced off against Muhammad Shohibul Fikri and Bafas Maulana of Indonesia. The match started with the Danish pair taking an early lead, winning the first game with a score of 21-14.
Indian Sports Live Coverage on Khel Now
- Syed Modi International 2023: Ashwini-Tanisha enters final, Priyanshu knocked out in semis
- Vaishali Rameshbabu becomes India’s third female chess grandmaster
- National Shooting Championships 2023: Anantjeet Singh Naruka, Sift Kaur Samra win gold
- Satwik-Chirag climb to world No. 2 in Latest BWF Rankings
- Indian U-19 women’s table tennis team clinch bronze at ITTF World Youth Championships 2023
- Sheetal Devi becomes World No. 1 para archer in latest World Archery rankings
- Aditi Ashok wins second LET title this season at Open de Espana
- List of Indian athletes to have secured qualification for Paris Olympics 2024
In the third and deciding game, the Danish pair took an early lead and maintained it throughout the game. The Indonesian pair made efforts to outperform their opponents but ended up on the losing side. With their victory in the BWF French Open 2023, Kim Astrup and Anders Rasmussen secured the seventh tour title of their career. Additionally, this marked their fifth title of the year.