Bayern vs Union Berlin: Predicted lineup, injury news, head-to-head, telecast
Bayern Munich have scored the Bundesliga 2023-24
Despite being at the top of their game this season, Bayern Munich still lies two points off of the top spot in the Bundesliga. With Bayer Leverkusen challenging Bayern Munich for the top spot, every game has become crucial for Bayern Munich. Although they are in good form, they still need to improve in certain areas. Especially in the last two matches, they struggled on the goalscoring front, heavily reliant on Harry Kane.
Last season, Union Berlin’s story was a worldwide highlight, but things are going downhill for the team now. Despite finishing fourth in the league and qualifying for the Champions League, Union Berlin is currently in the relegation zone of the Bundesliga. With nine losses from 12 matches, Union Berlin are 17th in the Bundesliga. They will need a sharp turnaround in their form or it could be a big struggle for them.
December, 2 December 2023 at (8:00 PM IST)
Location: Allianz Arena, Germany
Bayern Munich (in all competitions): W-W-W-W-D
Union Berlin (in all competitions): L-D-L-D-D
Player to Watch
Robin Gosens (Union Berlin)
Union Berlin signed Robin Gosens this season, but so far, it has only been his show in the team. He has scored four goals for them so far, and he has proved to be their only shining light. At Inter, Gosens was used to more of a defensive role, but at Berlin, he has largely played an attacking role and it has been a perfect fit.
Harry Kane (Bayern Munich)
Harry Kane has been a star for Bayern Munich this season and again is going to be a critical man for them in this game. He has scored 18 goals already in 12 games only and is the top scorer of the league. Last season, Bayern Munich struggled with a leader upfront in Tuchel’s system and Kane’s addition to the squad has turned out to be the missing piece of their jigsaw puzzle.
- Bayern Munich have scored the most goals in the league so far
- Union Berlin haven’t kept a clean sheet in the last 18 games
- Bayern Munich have kept most clean sheets so far
Trending World Football Articles:
- Top four players with most goals in 2023
- Top six players with most assists in 2023
- Best goals scored in football in 2023: Ranked
- Top 10 best footballers of 2023: Ranked
- Best football matches of 2023: Ranked
Injury and Team News
At the moment, Bayern Munich are dealing with some big injury issues with names like de Ligt and Choupo-Moting out for longer periods. Mazraoui is also likely to miss this match after facing injury concerns in the last game. There are two injuries in Union Berlin’s camp also. Due to knocks, Doekhi and Becker are out.
Head to Head
Bayern Munich- 5
Union Berlin- 0
Bayern Munich Predicted lineup:
Neuer; Sarr, Upamecano, Kim, Davies; Goretzka, Kimmich; Gnabry, Muller, Sane; Kane
Union Berlin Predicted lineup:
Ronnow; Jaeckel, Knoche, Diogo Leite; Juranovic, Haberer, Laidouni, Gosens; Becker, Behrens, Fofana
Match Prediction for Bayern vs Union Berlin
In every way, Bayern Munich is the favourite for this game. Bayern Munich have been dominant this season and have both the best attacking and defensive records. Union Berlin, on the other hand, has been poor this season and has not won any games in the last 16 matches. We expect Bayern Munich to win the match.
Prediction: Bayern Munich 3-0 Union Berlin
India – Sony Sports Network
UK– Sky Sports
US – ESPN+
Nigeria – StarTimes, Canal+
- AIFF to approach Anti Corruption Bureau for alleged match-fixing incident in Delhi
- Will 5th place Premier League team get into Champions League? Rules explained as Manchester United close gap
- Delhi Soccer Association suspends Ahbab FC with immediate effect
- Injury sidelines Kerala Blasters goalie Sachin Suresh for 'significant duration'
- Top five youngest players to score in 6 consecutive Premier League games