Real Madrid vs Granada: Predicted lineup, injury news, head-to-head, telecast
Ancelotti’s Real Madrid are back on top of the table
Real Madrid secured a 3-0 victory playing away against Cadiz CF in their previous match, with Rodrygo netting twice during the encounter. Madrid are at the top of the LaLiga table at the moment with 35 points from 14 matches. Los Blancos are level on points with second-placed Girona and are four points above Atletico Madrid in third.
Meanwhile, Granada suffered a 3-1 defeat against Deportivo Alaves in their most recent game on November 24. Alexander Medina’s side are second from bottom in LaLiga at the moment. Granada have won just 1 of their 14 LaLiga games this season. They have picked up seven points from 14 matches. Granada are two points behind 17th-placed Real Mallorca.
Saturday, 2 December 2023 at 12:30 PM ET (11:00 PM IST)
Location: Santiago Bernabeu
Real Madrid (in Laliga): D-W-D-W-W
Granada (in Laliga): L-L-L-D-L
Players to watch:
Jude Bellingham (Real Madrid)
Jude Bellingham scored a goal for Real Madrid against Cadiz, breaking a huge record set by Cristiano Ronaldo. Bellingham got his 14th goal for Madrid in 15 appearances so far, he stands as the sole player for the club to have scored over 13 goals in their initial 15 matches. Surpassing the 13-goal mark achieved by Cristiano Ronaldo, Alfredo Di Stefano, and Pruden Sanchez in their first 15 official games.
Myrto Uzuni (Granada)
Uzuni has found the net on five occasions this season, placing him 15th in the league’s top scorers’ list. His contributions in front of goal have been noteworthy, showcasing his ability to consistently try to impact matches for Granada with his scoring abilities. His goal-scoring proficiency has been a key factor in bolstering his team’s performance on the field, he was responsible for Granada’s lone goal in their last match.
- Real Madrid holds the second position in LaLiga, averaging 2.2 goals per match, they are unbeaten in 24 of their last 26 home games in all competition games
- Granada is eighth in LaLiga, scoring an average of 1.4 goals per game, Granada CF have a poor record of 3 consecutive away defeats.
- Real Madrid holds the top spot in the league, in all of their 16 most recent home matches of all competitions, they have not lost a match.
Trending World Football Articles:
- Top four players with most goals in 2023
- Top six players with most assists in 2023
- Best goals scored in football in 2023: Ranked
- Top 10 best footballers of 2023: Ranked
- Best football matches of 2023: Ranked
Injury & Team News
Real Madrid is contending with a string of injuries, notably with Eduardo Camavinga and Vinicius Junior sidelined. Vinicius is grappling with a hamstring strain, Camavinga with a torn knee ligament, Tchouameni with a metatarsal fracture, and Güler with a hamstring issue.
Jesus Vallejo and Miguel Rubio are the only players missing from the away team. The expected return of both these players is early December and mid December simultaneously. Vallejo, the Real Madrid loanee, if healthy might feature against his old team.
Head to Head
Total Matches – 18
Real Madrid wins – 17
Granada wins – 1
Draws – 0
Real Madrid predicted lineup:
Lunin; Mendy, Alaba, Rudiger, Carvajal; Kross, Valverde; Bellingham, Modric; Rodrygo, Joselu
Granada predicted lineup:
Ferreira; Neva, Torrente, Miquel, Manafa; Villar, Gumbau, Melendo; Fernandez, Boye, Uzuni
Match Prediction for Real Madrid vs Granada:
Real Madrid have a better record in the league this season than Granada, Madrid have won against Granada every time these two sides face each other, except one occasion where Granada went on to win the match. This match will also be a situation where Madrid will dominate the bottom half team. Madrid will also look to extend their lead at the top with a win against Granada.
Prediction: Real Madrid 3-0 Granada
India – Sports 18, JioCinema
UK – Viaplay, ITV
US – ESPN+
Nigeria – DSTV, Gotv
- Top four clubs Thomas Tuchel could manage after leaving Bayern Munich in summer 2024
- Top five managers who could replace Thomas Tuchel at Bayern Munich
- Europeans have started watching more Asian football now, asserts Madih Talal
- AIFF to approach Anti Corruption Bureau for alleged match-fixing incident in Delhi
- Will 5th place Premier League team get into Champions League? Rules explained as Manchester United close gap