Al Nassr vs Al Riyadh: Predicted lineup, injury news, head-to-head, telecast
Ronaldo’s side are on a 3 game winless run as they host Al Riyadh
Al Nassr last won a game on 24 November against Al Akhdoud. It was a 3-0 win at home. Since then they have played 3 more games and failed to win any of them. After the Akhdoud game, Al Nassr hosted an AFC Champions League matchday 5 game which ended as 0-0. Then a trip to face Al Hilal in the Saudi Pro League brought further devastation as the final scoreline was a 3-0 defeat. Latest they faced Istiklol which ended in a 1-1 draw.
The visitors are currently 3 points above the first side in the relegation zone. Al Riyadh will now travel to face Al Nassr in the Saudi Pro League at the AL-AWWAL PARK Stadium. Al Riyadh enters this matchday 16 fixture on the back of a 0-0 draw against Al Hazm. Previously they won 2-1 against Al Taawoun.
Friday, 8 December 2023 at 11:30 PM IST (6:00 PM UK)
Location: AL-AWWAL PARK Stadium
Al Nassr (in all competitions): D-L-D-W-W
Al Riyadh (in all competitions): D-W-D-L-L
Players to Watch
Cristiano Ronaldo (Al Nassr)
Cristiano Ronaldo along with many other key star players was rested on the AFC Champions League matchday 6 game against Istiklol. In this game, all are expected to be in the lineup headlined with Ronaldo in the striker position. The 38-year-old Portuguese legend has scored 15 goals and 7 assists in the Saudi league.
Saleh Al-Abbas (Al Riyadh)
For the newly promoted side of Al Riyadh, Saleh Al-Abbas has been doing quite the business in front of opposition defences. Till now the striker has scored 6 goals in 14 Saudi Pro League games. He also has 2 assists.
- This will be the first-ever meeting between both sides in the Saudi Pro League
- Both sides last faced each other in the quarter-finals of the Saudi Crown Prince Cup back in February 2011. Al Nassr won 2-1 against Al Riyadh
- As we head into matchday 16, Al Nassr’s Cristiano Ronaldo is the top scorer in the Saudi Pro League with 15 goals and also the top assist provider with 7 assists
Trending World Football Articles:
- Top four players with most goals in 2023
- Top six players with most assists in 2023
- Best goals scored in football in 2023: Ranked
- Top 10 best footballers of 2023: Ranked
- Best football matches of 2023: Ranked
Injury & Team News
The home side has a few players in the injury arena. Head coach Luis Castro will have to go about the business in this fixture without Nawaf Al-Boushail and leftback Alex Telles. Telles is on the road to recovery from a hamstring injury. Khalid Al Ghannam found some physical discomfort after the Istiklol draw but is expected to be fit.
For this very first affair in the Saudi Pro League against Al Nassr, Al Riyadh have 2 players out injured. The two are goalkeeper Zaid Al Bawardi and midfielder Knowledge Musona. Musona’s muscle injury will need a few more days to heal. Centre-back Mohammed Al Shwirekh will be suspended in this game for the red card against Al Taawoun.
Head to Head
Total Matches – 1
Al Nassr wins – 1
Al Riyadh wins – 0
Draws – 0
Al Nassr predicted lineup (4-2-3-1):
Alaqidi (GK); Al Ghanam, Alawjani, Laporte, Yahya; Brozovic, Fofana; Talisca, Otavio, Mane; Ronaldo
Al Riyadh predicted lineup (4-2-3-1):
Campana (GK); Al Shuwayyi, Arslanagic, Asiri, Al Khaibari; Toure, Al Rashidi; Al Shehri, Ndong, Al Omar Al Dossari; Al-Abbas
Match Prediction for Al Nassr vs Al Riyadh
With Cristiano Ronaldo and other star players getting ample rest in the Istiklol game, they should be at their very best for this one. Al Nassr are expected to end their winless run of three games against Al Riyadh.
Prediction: Al Nassr 3-0 Al Riyadh
Telecast for Al Nassr vs Al Riyadh
India – Sony Sports Network
UK – DAZN, Sky Sports
US – ESPN
Nigeria – Sporty TV
- AIFF to approach Anti Corruption Bureau for alleged match-fixing incident in Delhi
- Will 5th place Premier League team get into Champions League? Rules explained as Manchester United close gap
- Delhi Soccer Association suspends Ahbab FC with immediate effect
- Injury sidelines Kerala Blasters goalie Sachin Suresh for 'significant duration'
- Top five youngest players to score in 6 consecutive Premier League games