Al Ittihad vs Auckland City: Predicted lineup, injury news, head-to-head, telecast
The FIFA Club World Cup 2023 is here
The FIFA Club World Club 2023 will be played in Jeddah, the home city of Saudi Arabian champion Al-Ittihad. Al-Ittihad will be joined by the six continental club champions. It will be the last edition in that format before the 32-team version launches in 2025 in the United States.
This is the first round and Al Ittihad are set to play against OFC Champions League winners, Auckland City. The winners of this match will face Al Ahly SC. The Egyptian club won the CAF Champions League last season.
Al Ittihad are fifth in the Saudi Pro League and are unlikely to defend their title. Their opponents are not expected to be welcoming due to a desire to match their 2014 success in this competition when they claimed third place.
Nine years after nearly facing Real Madrid in the decider in Marrakesh, the Navy Blues are keen to record a statement victory on Tuesday.
Tuesday, 12 December 2023 at 5:00 PM (GMT); 11:30 PM (IST)
Location: King Abdullah Sports City Stadium
Al Ittihad (in all competitions): L-W-W-W-D
Auckland City (in all competitions): L-L-L-W-W
Players to Watch
Karim Benzema (Al Ittihad)
Karim Benzema returns from injury after missing the last two games for the Saudi club. The former Real Madrid striker has four goals in the tournament’s history, only five players have more, and his next strike takes him level with Cesar Delgado, Luis Suarez and Lionel Messi.
Ryan De Vries (Auckland City)
The New Zealand striker has netted 20 goals in the current campaign. He will need to be at the top of his game and convert any possible chance to score a goal.
Trending World Football Articles:
- Top four players with most goals in 2023
- Top six players with most assists in 2023
- Best goals scored in football in 2023: Ranked
- Top 10 best footballers of 2023: Ranked
- Best football matches of 2023: Ranked
- Al Ittihad are on a two-match winning streak at home.
- Auckland City have lost their last three games.
- The winner of this match will play another round and the winner of that particular match will play Fluminense in the semi-final stage.
Injury & team news
Luiz Felipe suffered a muscle tear in Al Ittihad’s 3-1 defeat by Damac on December 7, ruling out the defender for Tuesday’s clash; Benzema and Romarinho are back in training and could start for the Saudi side as Gallardo seeks to make it to the next round.
Head to Head
This is the first meeting between these two sides.
Al Ittihad predicted lineup (4-5-1):
Grohe; Alshanqiti, Hawsawi, Hegazy, Bamsaud; Kante, Fabinho; Alamri, Coronado, Jota; Benzema
Auckland City predicted lineup (4-2-3-1):
Tracey; Vale, Mitchell, Lee, Lobo; Garriga, D. Heijer, Howieson, Ilich, Manickum; Kilkolly
Match Prediction for Al Ittihad vs Auckland City
Al Ittihad will go as the favourites in this match. The return of a few key players will boost the squad and the Saudi champions will look for a statement win in this match.
Prediction: Al Ittihad 3-1 Auckland City
Telecast for Al Ittihad vs Auckland City
India – FIFA+
UK – FIFA+
USA – FIFA+
Nigeria – FIFA+
- Top five managers who could replace Thomas Tuchel at Bayern Munich
- Europeans have started watching more Asian football now, asserts Madih Talal
- AIFF to approach Anti Corruption Bureau for alleged match-fixing incident in Delhi
- Will 5th place Premier League team get into Champions League? Rules explained as Manchester United close gap
- Delhi Soccer Association suspends Ahbab FC with immediate effect