Angel Di Maria set to return to boyhood club Rosario Central
Angel Di Maria’s Benfica contract will be over at the end of the season
The coach of the Argentine team claimed that Angel Di Maria‘s boyhood club, Rosario Central, is in contact with the Benfica player to negotiate a possible comeback.
Goal.com reports that Miguel Angel Russo expressed his conviction that Di Maria will return to the club where he made his professional debut at the young age of 17 “sooner or later” on D Sports Radio.
In June 2022, Di Maria became a free agent and signed a one-year contract with Juventus, leaving open the possibility of leaving the club the following summer.
The 34-year-old’s contract term was one of the factors that caused the two parties to negotiate for a long time before the Bianconeri agreed to sign him for a mere 12 months.
“We’ve been in touch with Di Maria”, Russo admitted. “If he joins, we’ll need to build a competitive team for him”.
“He will come back sooner or later, I’m sure of it”.
Trending World Football Articles:
- Top five most valuable squads in football
- Top 10 players with biggest rating upgrade in EA FC 24
- Ranking the favourites to win Best FIFA Men’s Player Award 2023
- Top five favourites to win Serie A 2023-24 based on odds
- Top 10 footballers who were banned for doping
Since moving to Juventus Stadium, Argentina’s World Cup champion has only appeared in seven Serie A games due to ailments that have kept him from playing more frequently.
The legendary Angel Di Maria will return to the Rosario Central football team after a strong 2023 campaign that saw them qualify for the Copa Libertadores and finish in the quarterfinals of the Copa de la Liga Profesional. Di Maria’s return to the Argentine club is anticipated by both club administration and supporters to invigorate the team’s competitiveness.
Di Maria has had a distinguished career since departing Rosario Central in 2007. He has played for elite teams including Benfica, Real Madrid, Manchester United, Paris Saint-Germain, Juventus, and the Argentine national team. Several trophies and successes have adorned his career, elevating him to the status of one of football’s most renowned players.
Di Maria is motivated by his ambition to follow the “Gloria Eterna” to return to Rosario Central. Following Argentina’s historic victory over Brazil in the South American World Cup qualifying round, this passion was further stoked.
- AIFF to approach Anti Corruption Bureau for alleged match-fixing incident in Delhi
- Will 5th place Premier League team get into Champions League? Rules explained as Manchester United close gap
- Delhi Soccer Association suspends Ahbab FC with immediate effect
- Injury sidelines Kerala Blasters goalie Sachin Suresh for 'significant duration'
- Top five youngest players to score in 6 consecutive Premier League games