Bayern vs Union Berlin postponed due to heavy snowfall in Munich
Bayern Munich sits second in the Bundesliga 2023-24
Bayern vs Union Berlin was scheduled to take place at the Allianz Arena in Munich today, but due to heavy snowfall, the match has been postponed.
“We very much regret that we have to cancel the match, but the safety of our fans and the supporters of Union Berlin has absolute priority,” CEO Jan-Christian Dreesen said.
The Munich airport suspended hundreds of flights, and long-distance trains in and out of Munich were cancelled as the snowfall affected many parts of southern Germany.
Several roads around Bayern’s home stadium were closed, he said, adding, “We will inform you about a possible new date as soon as possible.”
Bayern Munich trails Bayer Leverkusen by two points after the first 12 games. The German champions are on a five-match winning run in the Bundesliga 2023-24 but played a disappointing goalless draw against FC Copenhagen in the UEFA Champions League.
Trending World Football Articles:
- Top four players with most goals in 2023
- Top six players with most assists in 2023
- Best goals scored in football in 2023: Ranked
- Top 10 best footballers of 2023: Ranked
- Best football matches of 2023: Ranked
Union Berlin, on the other hand, sits at the bottom of the league table. They have parted ways with Urs Fischer, the manager who took Union to the Champions League for the first time in the club’s history. Nenad Bjelica, the former manager of Dinamo Zagreb is now in charge of the German club. His first match resulted in a 1-1 draw away to SC Braga in the UCL.
Bayer Leverkusen have a chance to extend their lead to five points. However, it won’t be easy for Xabi Alonso’s men to secure three points as they host Borussia Dortmund. Last season’s runners-up have struggled to keep up with the pace at the top but they lead the Group of Death in the Champions League. This match is a must-win for both teams and promises to bring a lot of excitement.
- Top five managers who could replace Thomas Tuchel at Bayern Munich
- Europeans have started watching more Asian football now, asserts Madih Talal
- AIFF to approach Anti Corruption Bureau for alleged match-fixing incident in Delhi
- Will 5th place Premier League team get into Champions League? Rules explained as Manchester United close gap
- Delhi Soccer Association suspends Ahbab FC with immediate effect