Istiklol vs Al Nassr: Predicted lineup, injury news, head-to-head, telecast
Al Nassr are unbeaten so far in their group
Al Nassr were completely bulldozered by Al Hilal in their last match. Not only did they suffer a 0-3 loss, but their gap to the top slot has grown to seven points. Al Nassr will now have to concentrate on the AFC Champions League, where they will face Istiklol in the last group match. They have already qualified for the next round but will be looking to close out proceedings in style before moving on.
In the Tajikistan league, Istiklol have been relentless, but so far they have not been able to match the Champions League’s quality. In the AFC Champions League group, they are at the bottom with zero wins in five games, while in their domestic league, they have been outstanding, with only two losses in 19 matches. Their fans hope to get something to cheer for as they close out their campaign.
Tuesday, 5 December 2023 at (9:30 PM IST)
Location: Respublikanskiy Stadion, Tajikistan
Istiklol (in all competitions): L-L-D-L-W
Al Nassr (in all competitions): W-W-W-D-L
Player to Watch
Cristiano Ronaldo (Al Nassr)
Al Nassr’s Cristiano Ronaldo is the obvious name to look out for in this clash. He has been incredible for them and not only scored the most goals but also provided the most assists. Following the loss against Al Hilal, Ronaldo looked very unhappy and this match could be the perfect opportunity for him to inspire his team.
Senin Sebai (Istiklol)
Sebai joined Istiklol from Israel this season and has looked good for them. Sebai has scored twice for them in the Champions League. He is a solid player, and his physical presence in the box makes him a very dangerous player. Set-pieces in particular are where he can prove to be very dangerous.
- Istiklol have not won a match so far in the AFC Champions League
- Al Nassr won 3-1 in the last encounter against Istiklol
- Al Nassr haven’t scored in the last two matches
Trending World Football Articles:
- Top five most valuable squads in football
- Top 10 players with biggest rating upgrade in EA FC 24
- Ranking the favourites to win Best FIFA Men’s Player Award 2023
- Top five favourites to win Serie A 2023-24 based on odds
- Top 10 footballers who were banned for doping
Injury and Team News
There are no major injuries for Al Nassr, but Al-Boushail is out for an indefinite period due to an Achilles tendon injury. Istiklol have all their players fit and available.
Head to Head
Al Nassr- 1
Istiklol Predicted lineup:
Rustam Yatimov; Romish Dzhalilov, Ivan Novoselec, Cedric Gogoua; Artur Kartashyan, Tabrezi Davlatmir, Dženis Beganović, Ekhson Pandzhshanbe; Alisher Dzhalilov, Senin Sebai; Amadoni Kamolov
Al Nassr Predicted lineup:
Alaqidi; Al-Boushal, Alawjami, Laporte, Telles; Brozovic, Fofana, Otavio, Talisca, Mane; Ronaldo
Match Prediction for Istiklol vs Al Nassr
So far, Al Nassr has been unbeaten, and it is safe to say that they are the overwhelming favourites for this match. They will be looking to bounce back after a big 0-3 loss against Al Hilal. The level of competition at the Champions League has been difficult for Istiklol and we expect Al Nassr to cruise to a victory without much fuss.
Prediction: Istiklol 2-0 Al Nassr
India – Fancode
UK – FITE
US – Paramount+
Nigeria – No telecast
- Europeans have started watching more Asian football now, asserts Madih Talal
- AIFF to approach Anti Corruption Bureau for alleged match-fixing incident in Delhi
- Will 5th place Premier League team get into Champions League? Rules explained as Manchester United close gap
- Delhi Soccer Association suspends Ahbab FC with immediate effect
- Injury sidelines Kerala Blasters goalie Sachin Suresh for 'significant duration'