Napoli vs Inter Milan: Predicted lineup, injury news, head-to-head, telecast
Inter are heading into their third consecutive away fixture after two draws
Napoli are going to host Inter Milan after 2 away fixtures. The last time they played as host the result ended up as a 1-0 defeat to Empoli. Before heading into this Serie A tie, Gli Azzurri travelled to the Santiago Bernabéu Stadium to face Real Madrid. The Spanish outfit won 4-2 over the Naples-based Italian side.
Inter secured their UEFA Champions League qualification from Group D. They secured this status after a 3-3 draw with Benfica and still have a game in hand. This match against Napoli will be Inter’s third away trip in a row. After a 1-1 draw with Juventus in the last Serie A game they were able to hold on to the leading spot with 32 points.
Sunday, 3 December 2023 at 7:45 PM UK
Monday, 4 December 2023 at 1:15 AM IST
Location: Stadio Diego Armando Maradona
Napoli (in all competitions): L-W-L-D-W
Inter (in all competitions): D-D-W-W-W
Players to Watch
Giacomo Raspadori (Napoli)
Giacomo Raspadori’s last goal came against Salernitana in the Serie A. Since then the forward has played 2 games each in UCL and the league without scoring. This game can act as a huge motivation for the player to add to his 3 goals in 13 Serie A games.
Lautaro Martinez (Inter)
Inter’s Argentinian forward is almost two times better in front of the goal than any other of the Serie A strikers. Lautaro Martinez has scored 13 goals this season while second placed on the current top scorer list has 7 to his name. The Inter captain also has 2 assists in the league.
- Inter (2.3 goals) and Napoli (2 goals) are ranked 1st and 2nd respectively in goals scored per Serie A match.
- Napoli have failed to win any of their last 5 home games
- Inter have kept the highest number of clean sheets this Serie A season. To be precise they have 8 of them
Trending World Football Articles:
- Top four players with most goals in 2023
- Top six players with most assists in 2023
- Best goals scored in football in 2023: Ranked
- Top 10 best footballers of 2023: Ranked
- Best football matches of 2023: Ranked
Injury & Team News
The Gli Azzurri have 3 of their players out from this game against Inter. Left back Mathias Olivera out with a knee injury is not expected to be back before next year’s January. Even the other left back Mario Rui is sidelined with muscle injury. An ankle injury will keep Jesper Lindstrøm out until mid December.
The visitors are heading to the venue of Stadio Diego Armando Maradona stadium without two of their centre backs Benjamin Pavard and Alessandro Bastoni. Bastoni is troubled with a calf problem while Pavard has a knee injury crisis. Denzel Dumfries is a doubtful star to feature against Napoli.
Head to Head
Total Matches – 38
Napoli wins – 14
Inter wins – 11
Draws – 13
Napoli predicted lineup (4-3-3):
Gollini (GK); Di Lorenzo, Rrahmani, Natan, Jesus; Anguissa, Lobotka, Zieliński; Politano, Raspadori, Kvaratskhelia
Inter predicted lineup (3-5-2):
Sommer (GK); Bisseck, de Vrij, Acerbi; Darmian, Barella, Çalhanoğlu, Mkhitaryan, Dimarco; Thuram, Martínez
Match Prediction for Napoli vs Inter Milan
Nerazzurri are heading into their third consecutive away trip after a 1-1 draw with Juventus and 3-3 with Benfica. Napoli on the other hand lost 4-2 to Real Madrid after winning 2-1 against Atalanta. This game should prove to be an exciting contest. Even though Napoli will have home crowd support, Inter might just not want to slip up on their 2 point cushion over Juventus in the table.
Prediction: Napoli 1-3 Inter
Telecast for Napoli vs Inter Milan
India – JioCinema, VIACOM18
UK – TNT Sports
US – Paramount+, CBS
Nigeria – NTA, SportsTV, SUPERSPORT, TOP SPORTS TV
- Top five managers who could replace Thomas Tuchel at Bayern Munich
- Europeans have started watching more Asian football now, asserts Madih Talal
- AIFF to approach Anti Corruption Bureau for alleged match-fixing incident in Delhi
- Will 5th place Premier League team get into Champions League? Rules explained as Manchester United close gap
- Delhi Soccer Association suspends Ahbab FC with immediate effect