Indian Sports Calendar in 2023: Events to watch in second week of November
Two sporting events are set to offer Olympic quotas.
A lot of sporting events are lined up in the upcoming week of the Indian sports calendar. Two sporting events are set to offer Paris Olympis qualifying quotas in the upcoming few days. The junior athletics contingent will be looking to breach the world junior qualifying mark in the track and field events for World U-20 athletics junior championships 2024.
Here we take a look at the events to follow in the upcoming week (November 06-12) in the Indian sports calendar.
All the top youngsters in the U-20 category will be looking to breach the qualifying mark for the upcoming world junior athletics championships scheduled to be held next year. Dev Meena is the first Indian to breach the qualifying mark after winning gold in National Games 2023.
- November 07-10: National U-20 Junior Athletics Championships 2023
The all-important Asian Archery Championship 2023 is scheduled to be in Bangkok, Thailand. This tournament provides Olympic quotas in the individual and team events and the best from Asia will be taking part in it. The winner in the team event gets a quota – all the three archers qualify in the singles as well. The athletes to proceed to the final win quota in individual category.
- November 4-10: Asian Archery Championship
Indian Sports Live Coverage on Khel Now
- Syed Modi International 2023: Ashwini-Tanisha enters final, Priyanshu knocked out in semis
- Vaishali Rameshbabu becomes India’s third female chess grandmaster
- National Shooting Championships 2023: Anantjeet Singh Naruka, Sift Kaur Samra win gold
- Satwik-Chirag climb to world No. 2 in Latest BWF Rankings
- Indian U-19 women’s table tennis team clinch bronze at ITTF World Youth Championships 2023
- Sheetal Devi becomes World No. 1 para archer in latest World Archery rankings
- Aditi Ashok wins second LET title this season at Open de Espana
- List of Indian athletes to have secured qualification for Paris Olympics 2024
A few notable Indian shuttlers are scheduled to take part in the upcoming BWF Korea Masters. Former world junior silver medalist Sankar Subramanian is the lone Indian in men’s singles while Ashmita Chaliha and Malvika Bansod are the ones to watch out in women’s singles.
- November 7-12: Korea Masters (BWF 300)
The Men’s ODI ICC World Cup bandwagon is proceeding into its final stages. Hosts India have won eight successive matches and have become the first team to qualify for the knockout stages. South Africa is the next best placed team having won six out of the eight matches played.
- October 05-19 November: ICC Men’s World Cup (Ongoing)
Bhavani Devi and Karan Singh will be in action this week at Coupe de Monde in Algeria. The former after her triumph at National Games will look to carry forward momentum. Meanwhile Karan Singh suffered a shock defeat in the hands of experienced Gisho Nidhi.
- November 9: Coupe de Monde (Sabre)
The ISL season 10 has entered its sixth week with most teams having completed five matches each. The league will enter a three-week International friendly break post Punjab FC vs Hyderabad FC. Mohun Bagan Super Giants sit pretty on the top of points table with 12 points followed by Mumbai City with 11.
- September 21-March 2024: Indian Super League (Ongoing)
The Asian Olympic qualifiers for sports climbing is scheduled to be held in Indonesia in the first week of this month. National Record holder from Karnataka, Deepu Gowda, is set to take part in the competition.
- November 9-12: Asian Olympic Qualifiers
Harmeet Desai and Manav Thakkar are the top two Indians to receive direct entry for the upcoming WTT Contender in Taiyuan, China. Manika Batra, top ranked Indian women’s player, has given the tournament a miss.
- November 07-12: WTT Contender Taiyuan, China