Arsenal's Mikel Arteta provides major Thomas Partey injury update
Partey has been out since 30 October with injury
Mikel Arteta spoke to the media prior to Arsenal’s Saturday visit to Aston Villa. It is going to be an accomplishment for Unai Emery’s team to pick up three more points away from home at Villa Park after they defeated Manchester City in the middle of the week.
Takehiro Tomiyasu’s latest injury, though, has hurt the team. The Japanese international was in excellent form and would have been a great asset for Arteta’s team’s next three tough opponents, so it came at the worst possible time.
Following the dramatic events at Kenilworth Road on Tuesday night, Arteta gave a team update for the upcoming weekend. Throughout the game, Gabriel Martinelli was kicked quite a few times and came off.
However, Mikel Arteta seemed optimistic when questioned about the Brazilian. But he did share further details about the most recent developments about Thomas Partey, who has been absent following surgery. He had been linked to Liverpool, although Arteta was pessimistic about this as a possible comeback.
Trending World Football Articles:
- Top four players with most goals in 2023
- Top six players with most assists in 2023
- Best goals scored in football in 2023: Ranked
- Top 10 best footballers of 2023: Ranked
- Best football matches of 2023: Ranked
When the Ghanaian is not around, Jorginho may still help Declan Rice. Kai Havertz has also appeared to have significantly improved as of late.
“I think everybody is going to be okay,” he said. “We don’t know he is getting a very good evolution of the injury but it’s a bit early to get a timeframe. That will be incredibly fast if he’s able to do that so we will have to wait.”
Since October, the 30-year-old remains out due to injury, missing multiple matches for both the Gunners and Ghana’s Black Stars.
Partey has begun modest training and in the upcoming weeks may pass the fitness test. Partey will not be hurried back, says Arteta, as Arsenal wants to get him well and back to his finest.
- AIFF to approach Anti Corruption Bureau for alleged match-fixing incident in Delhi
- Will 5th place Premier League team get into Champions League? Rules explained as Manchester United close gap
- Delhi Soccer Association suspends Ahbab FC with immediate effect
- Injury sidelines Kerala Blasters goalie Sachin Suresh for 'significant duration'
- Top five youngest players to score in 6 consecutive Premier League games