Everton vs Newcastle: Predicted lineup, injury news, head-to-head, telecast
(Courtesy : Everton)
The Toffees host The Magpies in an exciting clash at the Goodison Park on a Friday evening.
It’s Premier League matchday 15 and we have a riveting encounter in front of us. Everton host Newcastle in a contrasting matchup. Everton who are in relegation zone due to points deduction are trying their best to get out and make it to the top 10. Newcastle, on the other hand, plays to get into the top four in the Premier League standings. Both teams boast a strong lineup, with Newcastle specially playing a good game recently against top sides. It’s going to be an exciting matchup between both the sides in all to play for. Let’s see further information about the game!
Friday, 8th December 2023, 01:00 AM IST; 07:30 PM GMT
Location: Goodison Park
Everton (in all competitions): W-D-W-L-W
Newcastle (in all competitions): L-L-W-D-W
Players to watch for
Dominic Calvert-Lewin: Everton
Dominic Calvert-Lewin is a vital striker for Everton for many seasons. He is recognised for his skill in the air, and his ability to finish well. He is an essential part of Everton’s attacking tactics, frequently scoring goals at important times. The home fans will expect a good game from him coming back from a minor setback and not playing recently.
Alexander Isak: Newcastle
Alexander Isak is a gifted forward for Newcastle and has exceptional quickness and a good eye for goal. He has proved this in various competitions this season by scoring crucial goals. Isak’s ability to hit goals and create opportunities is a big part of Newcastle’s play. Howe will be looking to start him along with quality forwards to win this game.
- Everton have suffered five losses in their last six Premier League meetings with Newcastle.
- Everton have lost its last four Premier League midweek games and gave up four goals in each of the previous three. However, Newcastle came out on top 13-3 overall in their last three Premier League midweek games.
- Newcastle are hoping to beat Everton in back-to-back away league games for the first time since a run of three between 1958 and 1960. Newcastle won this exact clash 4-1 the season before.
Trending World Football Articles:
- Top four players with most goals in 2023
- Top six players with most assists in 2023
- Best goals scored in football in 2023: Ranked
- Top 10 best footballers of 2023: Ranked
- Best football matches of 2023: Ranked
Injury and team news
A number of injuries are affecting already point-hit Everton, including Gomes, Dele Alli, Beto and Onana. These injury’s nature makes it more difficult to predict when they will be available, which raises questions about Everton’s starting lineup and tactical decisions for the next games. Newcastle is also hit with many injuries. Strikers Wilson and Murphy, midfielder Longstaff, and defenders Burn, Targett, and Botman are among the players with injury concerns. Additionally, Anthony Gordon and Pope also have some unidentified injuries. These are issues that both teams need to deal with.
Predicted lineup for Everton vs Newcastle
Everton Predicted lineup (4-4-2)
Pickford; Young, Tarkowski, Branthwaite, Mykolenko; Harrison, Garner, Onana, McNeil; Doucoure, Calvert-Lewin
Newcastle Predicted lineup (4-3-3)
Dubravka; Trippier, Lascelles, Schar, Livramento; Guimaraes, Joelinton, Miley; Almiron, Isak, Gordon
Match prediction for Everton vs Newcastle
It’s hard to predict Premier League games after watching weekend games. But Everton may have the advantage because of their home turf but Newcastle’s higher league position and superb performances might win them this game. Nevertheless, Newcastle might take advantage of any loopholes in Everton’s defence given their recent struggles. Though a tough contest is anticipated, Newcastle may have the advantage with the quality that they possess.
Prediction: Everton 2-3 Newcastle
India – Star Sports, Disney+ Hotstar
UK – Sky Sports, TNT Sports
US – NBC, USA Network
Nigeria – DSTV, GoTV
- Top 10 biggest bans in football history
- Top five long-term replacements for Kevin De Bruyne at Manchester City
- Top five youngest players to feature in Premier League 2023-24
- Top 33 fastest football players in the world in 2024
- Adelaide United goalie Grace Wilson becomes first non-binary footballer in Australia