Liverpool vs Fulham: Predicted lineup, injury news, head-to-head, telecast
Premier League 2023-24 Gameweek 14 is set to be underway
In-form Liverpool are set to host one of the underperformers of the season, Fulham. Their Premier League clash is set to take place on Sunday at Anfield.
As Liverpool are challenging for the title this season, they cannot afford any slip-ups. The last game against Manchester City was saved by Trent Alexander-Arnold’s strike that helped the Reds to a draw. But Jurgen Klopp‘s men are riling up well, they will host Fulham after a 4-0 route in the UEFA Europa League against LASK.
On the other hand, Marco Silva‘s men were expected to carry forward from their last season’s strong 10th finish. But Fulham have tumbled earlier on with losses in abundance. However, they will be heading to Anfield with a last-minute winner against Wolves that ended in an emphatic 3-2.
Sunday, 3rd December 2023, 2:00 PM GMT (7:30 PM IST)
Liverpool (in the Premier League): W-W-D-W-D
Fulham (in the Premier League): L-D-L-L-W
Players to watch for
Mohamed Salah (Liverpool)
The Egyptian King is unleashed this season. When all thought his peak is gone, his numbers this season say otherwise. Mohamed Salah has 18 G/A in 19 matches this season for Liverpool across all competitions, 15 of which are in just 13 Premier League games.
Bobby Reid (Fulham)
Bobby Reid, the Jamaican has two goals in 11 matches and is just behind Willian in Fulham’s goal-scoring tally for this season. He is a versatile player and can play on both the flanks. He can also play as a false 9 player or have an impact as a midfielder. Reid’s contributions have helped the Cottagers remain out of the drop zone.
- Liverpool have lost just once against Fulham in the last 10 games (W7 D2 L1)
- Fulham have just scored 4 goals in 16 away matches against Liverpool
Trending World Football Articles:
- Top four players with most goals in 2023
- Top six players with most assists in 2023
- Best goals scored in football in 2023: Ranked
- Top 10 best footballers of 2023: Ranked
- Best football matches of 2023: Ranked
Injury & team news
Liverpool’s contingent have no fresh updates despite playing in the mid-week. But Robertson, Alisson, and Thiago remain out, while the rest of the squad is waiting to get selected. The Brazilian custodian is set to miss the next three games for Liverpool.
On the other hand, Marco Silva will be pleased with his team’s fighting attitude in the last game and would not want to change anything after the result. Fulham are set to lineup the same XI barring a couple of changes if necessary.
Predicted lineup for Liverpool vs Fulham
Liverpool Predicted lineup 4-3-3:
Kelleher; Trent, Matip, VVD, Tsimikas;Jones, Mac Allister, Szoboszlai; Salah, Nunez, Jota
Fulham Predicted lineup 4-2-3-1:
Leno; Castagne, Bassey, Reem, Robinson; Reed, Cairney; Iwobi, Pereira, Willian; Jiminez
Match prediction for Liverpool vs Fulham
With the form Liverpool are in, they are looking undefeatable. Even the defending champions, Manchester City had a hard time getting all three points against them. While Fulham did win in the last game, it is not a given that they come to Anfield and do the same against Liverpool. So, we predict a big win for the home side.
Prediction: Liverpool 3 – 1 Fulham
India – Star Sports, Disney+ Hotstar
UK – Sky Sports, TNT Sports, Amazon Prime Video
US – NBC, USA Network, Peacock
Nigeria – DSTV, Gotv, Star Times, Kwese TV
- AIFF to approach Anti Corruption Bureau for alleged match-fixing incident in Delhi
- Will 5th place Premier League team get into Champions League? Rules explained as Manchester United close gap
- Delhi Soccer Association suspends Ahbab FC with immediate effect
- Injury sidelines Kerala Blasters goalie Sachin Suresh for 'significant duration'
- Top five youngest players to score in 6 consecutive Premier League games