Midfielder Wahengbam Angousana extends contract with East Bengal
(Courtesy : ISL Media)
The 26-year-old made 16 appearances last season.
East Bengal have extended the contract of midfielder Wahengbam Angousana. In an official press release, they confirmed that Wahenbam Angousana would stay with the club for another two years.
About the player
Angousana started his football career at Sagolband FC. After that, he signed for TRAU FC. He played 12 matches in the I-League 2nd division and helped his team to gain promotion to the 1st division. He represented TRAU FC on 17 occasions in the I-League.
After his excellent performance there he was signed by East Bengal in 2020. He has played 28 matches for East Bengal in the Indian Super League and was one of the best performers of the squad in the last season.
[KH_ADWORDS type="4" align="center"][/KH_ADWORDS]
Official press release
East Bengal has renewed 26-year-old Manipuri versatile midfielder Wahengbam Angousana Luwang's contract on a two-year deal. Angousana previously played for Manipur club TRAU in the league. He made 28 appearances for SC East Bengal in the last two Indian Super League seasons, providing three assists.
East Bengal in ISL
East Bengal Club, managed by head coach Robbie Fowler, finished ninth in the ISL 2020-21 season. As a result, he was replaced by Manolo Diaz at the start of the 2021-22 season, however, the team did not perform as predicted.
The club sacked him and replaced him with assistant coach Renedy Singh as temporary coach due to the Spaniard's dismal start to the season. Because Renedy does not have an AFC Pro License, the club hired Mario Rivera as their head coach. They ended last in the table with only one win in 20 games after three different coaches had a negative impact on their results.
[KH_RELATED_NEWS title="Related News |ARTICLE CONTINUES BELOW"][/KH_RELATED_NEWS]
The club's officials have already begun assembling their squad for next season. They are already in advanced talks with Nabi Hussain Khan, Mahitosh Roy, Dip Saha, Suryash Jaiswal, and Aditya Patra. ISL players Mohammed Rakip and Ivan Gonzalez have recently joined the Kolkata Club.
Sheikh Russel Krirachakra of Bangladesh has already developed strategic cooperation with them. They've assembled a scouting team comprised of former players to scout talent in the I-League and Santosh Trophy.
The team has already begun conversations with numerous ISL players and well-known coaches for the upcoming season. They're also about to confirm their investor, which will most likely happen very soon.
- Germany midfielder Toni Kroos set to come out of international retirement ahead of Euro 2024
- Brazil defender Dani Alves sentenced to four and a half years in jail over sexual assault in Barcelona
- ''Jurgen Klopp will not coach any club or national team for a year'' confirms agent
- India announce squad for Turkish Women's Cup 2024
- Top five highest scorers in the ISL of all time
- Top four Manchester United players to score in six consecutive Premier League matches
- Top 10 most valuable teams in MLS 2024
- Top 10 best forwards to watch out for in MLS 2024
- Top four clubs Thomas Tuchel could manage after leaving Bayern Munich in summer 2024
- Top five managers who could replace Thomas Tuchel at Bayern Munich