F1 Brazilian GP 2023: Updated schedule & timings
The Formula 1 (F1) Brazilian GP is arguably one of the most thrilling races on the calendar, owing to the high-speed track and extended banked corners. Moreover, with the addition of the Sprint format to the circuit, let’s take a look at the updated schedule and timings for the Brazilian GP.
Reflecting on last year’s race, it was a triumphant day for Mercedes as the team secured an iconic one-two, with George Russell claiming his first win at the circuit. Furthermore, Carlos Sainz of Ferrari completed the podium, making it one of the rare races where Max Verstappen did not finish in the top 5.
Fast forward to 2023, where, despite Max Verstappen’s apparent dominance, the Brazilian GP remains an open field, given both Lando Norris and Lewis Hamilton have closely matched Verstappen in race pace. Moreover, considering the amount of support Hamilton gets in Brazil, he could very well be the favourite to win the race.
- Formula 1: Longest intervals between Grand Prix races for F1 constructor teams
- F1 2024 calendar: Everything we know so far
- Formula 1: Top five drivers with most consecutive laps led
- Formula 1: Top six drivers with most consecutive podium finishes in F1 history
- Formula 1: Teams with most consecutive wins in F1 history
- Formula 1: F1 constructors with most wins
Brazilian GP 2023: Updated schedule and timings
The Brazilian Grand Prix will follow the new sprint shootout Formula 1 format, featuring one practice session and race qualifying on Friday, sprint qualifying and sprint race on Saturday and the main race on Sunday.
November 3 (Friday)
- Free Practice 1: 8:00 pm – 9:00 pm IST (3:30 pm-4:30 pm BST)
- Race Qualifying: 11:30 pm – 12:30 am IST of the other day (7:00 pm – 8:00 pm BST)
November 4 (Saturday)
- Sprint Qualifying: 7:30 pm – 8:14 pm IST (3:00 pm-4:44 pm BST)
November 5 (Sunday)
- Sprint Race: 12:00 am – 1:00 am IST (7:30 pm – 8:30 pm BST)
- Race: 10:30 pm – 12:30 am IST of the next day (18:00 pm – 20:00 pm BST)
posted in :