VfB Stuttgart vs Bayer Leverkusen: Predicted lineup, injury news, head-to-head, telecast
The Bundesliga SuperMatchday is set to be underway this weekend
The Bundesliga’s two teams on the rise meet on Sunday when league-leading Leverkusen travels to third-placed Stuttgart. Stuttgart knocked Dortmund out of the German Cup on Wednesday and is aiming for another upset win in a season already packed with eye-catching performances. Leverkusen’s 21-game unbeaten start to the season is on the line again after a rare moment of vulnerability in a 1-1 draw with Borussia Dortmund on Sunday.
The simple fact that Stuttgart and Leverkusen clash has become a must-watch game in Germany is a tribute to Leverkusen coach Xabi Alonso and his Stuttgart counterpart Sebastian Hoeness, who both took over relegation-threatened teams partway through last season and turned them around. The home team will give their all to get points and to end the streak of Leverkusen.
Sunday, 10th Dec, 2023, 08:00 PM (IST), 02:30 PM (GMT), 09:30 AM (EST)
Stuttgart Form (All Competitions): W-W-W-L-L
Bayer Leverkusen Form (All Competitions): D-W-W-W-W
Players to Watch
Serhou Guirassy (Stuttgart)
In the current season, the player with shirt number 9 has already scored 16 goals, which puts him in the second position on the league’s scorer list. With his form, he has impressed Stuttgart fans and also has a lot of attention from other clubs as well. His physical strength is his biggest advantage and he is known for clinical finishing, Leverkusen need to be alert and aware of his presence.
Victor Boniface (Bayer Leverkusen)
An all-round centre forward who is skilled with both feet and who is blessed with clever movement, strong dribbling, and the ability to beat his marker with his blistering speed and acceleration, whilst his aerial ability is yet another weapon in his arsenal. A hard-working, technically gifted striker who is capable of pirouetting past players, holding off opponents and buying himself time before launching an inch-perfect shot his deft skill, pace, aerial prowess and powerful running with the ball makes him a complete striker.
- VfB Stuttgart ranks third in the Bundesliga offensively averaging 2.5 goals per match, while Bayer Leverkusen ranks second defensively after conceding 0.8 goals per match.
- Bayer Leverkusen ranks second in the Bundesliga in shots taken with 211 over 13 games, while VfB Stuttgart ranks third in shots faced with 46 across 13 matches.
- VfB Stuttgart have taken 184 shots in 13 games, and Bayer Leverkusen has conceded 47 in 13.
Trending World Football Articles:
- Top four players with most goals in 2023
- Top six players with most assists in 2023
- Best goals scored in football in 2023: Ranked
- Top 10 best footballers of 2023: Ranked
- Best football matches of 2023: Ranked
Injury and Team News
The home team have some fresh injury concerns and will miss some players for this fixture. Roberto Massimo (Muscular Problem), Lilian Egloff (Ligament) and Hiroki Ito (Muscle Injury) will not be available for this match.
Unlike Stuttgart, Leverkusen doesn’t have many concerns regarding Suspensions and injuries, only Arthur (Thigh) will miss out and Wirtz is doubtful for the match. The rest of the squad is fit and available.
Predicted Lineup for Stuttgart vs Leverkusen
Stuttgart Predicted Lineup (4-2-2-2):
Nübel (Gk),Stenzel, Anton, Zagadou, Mittelstädt, Millot, Karazor, Stiller, Führich, Undav, Guirassy
Bayer Leverkusen Predicted Lineup (3-4-2-1):
Hrádecký(Gk), Kossounou, Tah, Tapsoba, Frimpong, Palacios, Xhaka, Grimaldo, Hofmann, Adli, Boniface
Match Prediction for VfB Stuttgart vs Bayer Leverkusen
Both teams have great players and it will be a mouthwatering clash between both teams. But Leverkusen are in fine form and will look to get back to winning ways after their last match draw. Bayer will face a tough challenge against the home team but they will eventually come out on top.
Prediction: Stuttgart 1-2 Leverkusen
India: Sony Sports Network, Disney+Hotsar
UK: Sky Sports
- Top 10 biggest bans in football history
- Top five long-term replacements for Kevin De Bruyne at Manchester City
- Top five youngest players to feature in Premier League 2023-24
- Top 33 fastest football players in the world in 2024
- Adelaide United goalie Grace Wilson becomes first non-binary footballer in Australia